Boat on top of South Jetty - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2019, 04:42 PM   #21
waypoint
Registered Users-pm+

waypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Piratewaypoint has been promoted to Pirate
I think this is the boat from this story.
https://abc13.com/off-duty-firefight...eston/5465729/

They are lucky these guys were there fishing and were able to save them.
waypoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2019, 08:13 PM   #22
22fish
Fishing is life the rest is just details

22fish has been promoted to Pirate22fish has been promoted to Pirate22fish has been promoted to Pirate22fish has been promoted to Pirate22fish has been promoted to Pirate22fish has been promoted to Pirate22fish has been promoted to Pirate22fish has been promoted to Pirate22fish has been promoted to Pirate22fish has been promoted to Pirate22fish has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
Looks fishy...

No prop and how did the console / Ttop get broken off of washed up?
I was thinking the same thing
22fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2019, 11:30 PM   #23
Picudo Azul
Registered Users-pm+

Picudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to Pirate
You make your very first trip to the jetties at night ???? Yep,,,,,,,they sell em to anybody...
Picudo Azul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2019, 12:36 AM   #24
4 Ever-Fish N
Registered Users-pm+

4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate4 Ever-Fish N has been promoted to Pirate
I'm almost sure someone has something to hide in this story. I went with a friend to the Galv jetties at night one time, in his boat. The water was rough and he only had one arm. That boat was bouncing around like crazy. I had my hand behind his waist in case he started going over the side. I enjoyed fishing with him but I never went to the jetties with him again.
4 Ever-Fish N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2019, 08:37 AM   #25
Bird
No fish in West Bay

Bird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Catchy View Post
Except the tides have been pretty low. No where near high enough to float that boat on top of that jetty...

The jetties don't sit that high out of the water at normal tides. The tides have been falling out in the late afternoons but actual water levels have been normal to a little high. Add some wave action and you can easily get on top of the rocks.

I'm not saying I know the truth of what happened but every time someone posts a pic of a boat on the rocks, way up on the sand, or what ever accident, people automatically say that they are idiots, bet they were all liquored up, or more dollars than common sense or some other lame court of public opinion comment. It is easy to be a good captain from the computer keyboard. Y'all have the day you deserve...
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2019, 09:01 AM   #26
EastTexasRancher
Registered Users-pm+

EastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Ever-Fish N View Post
........ The water was rough and he only had one arm. That boat was bouncing around like crazy. I had my hand behind his waist.......
Is this a fishing story or a romance novel?
EastTexasRancher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2019, 11:17 AM   #27
That Robbie Guy
Registered Users-pm+

That Robbie Guy has disabled reputation
hahahahha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasRancher View Post
Is this a fishing story or a romance novel?
That Robbie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2019, 10:24 PM   #28
Its Catchy
Banned

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
The jetties don't sit that high out of the water at normal tides. The tides have been falling out in the late afternoons but actual water levels have been normal to a little high. Add some wave action and you can easily get on top of the rocks.

I'm not saying I know the truth of what happened but every time someone posts a pic of a boat on the rocks, way up on the sand, or what ever accident, people automatically say that they are idiots, bet they were all liquored up, or more dollars than common sense or some other lame court of public opinion comment. It is easy to be a good captain from the computer keyboard. Y'all have the day you deserve...
I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and I never called anyone an idiot. But you can look at that boat and clearly see it hit the jetty at a high speed. The Console has been completely ripped off, the prop as well as the lower unit looks destroyed.

The tides have been low with the SouthWest wind. No way no how a boat that size got on top of the jetty in these tides without traveling at a high rate of speed.

I wish evil on no one. Nor do I take pleasure in the misfortune of another person. But I fail to believe that the damage to that boat occurred after the anchor line broke while fishing. Sorry but I have to call them like I see them.

If you look at the original posters picture of that boat the stern is sitting a good 4' above the water. For it to float on top of the jetty we would need tides a minimum of 3' to 4' higher than they are in the pic.

No way, no how.

Last edited by Its Catchy; 08-17-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Its Catchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2019, 10:58 PM   #29
RUFcaptain
Registered Users-pm+

RUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to Pirate
Those jetties are poorly marked, I could easily see how someone could get into trouble not paying attention , especially at night. So I give them the benefit of the doubt.
RUFcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message