looking for a baitcasting rod that won't break my bank ~200 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
Jhonny
Where is my hook

Jhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to Gunner
looking for a baitcasting rod that won't break my bank ~200

Looking for a baitcasting rod, medium heavy, 2 piece to pair with my Shimano Chronarch G

anything decent is either crazy expensive or comes as 1 piece..

closest what i can find is Offshore Angler Ocean Master Travel Casting Rod, but its 3 piece and im note sure how i feel about store brand.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/fish...8.uts?slotId=5
Jhonny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 06:14 PM   #2
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
should be plenty rods under the $200 mark. Why are you looking for a Med heavy.. for an inshore rod for trout and reds med is all you need. There are plenty of stock rods that are sub $200... Falcon, Lews, Castaway... also the FTU green rods.

First tell us why you would like a med heavy? I do think MH has it's place but it's usually chunking meat or heavy popping corks on only fishing Super Spook all day every day, or perhaps open water oversized reds... but typically inshore on the Gulf Coast all you need is Med or Med light. 6'9 to 7'0 range.

Also, are you looking for a 2 piece? maybe for travel or some reason??
Old 08-11-2019, 06:56 PM   #3
Jhonny
Where is my hook

Jhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to Gunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
should be plenty rods under the $200 mark. Why are you looking for a Med heavy.. for an inshore rod for trout and reds med is all you need. There are plenty of stock rods that are sub $200... Falcon, Lews, Castaway... also the FTU green rods.

First tell us why you would like a med heavy? I do think MH has it's place but it's usually chunking meat or heavy popping corks on only fishing Super Spook all day every day, or perhaps open water oversized reds... but typically inshore on the Gulf Coast all you need is Med or Med light. 6'9 to 7'0 range.

Also, are you looking for a 2 piece? maybe for travel or some reason??
MH is optional, medium would do just fine i guess. As to 2pc is for transport mainly. 7ft dont fit my bed diagonally, putting front seat all the way down is iffy if i take somebody with me and sticking them out from the window.. well nothing wrong with that i guess but i rather have 2pc on the back seat sitting nicely.

2pc i guess is the main problem, there just, arent any

Last edited by Jhonny; 08-11-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 08:55 PM   #4
sharkchum
Banned

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
I would really recommend not getting a 2 piece rod. They are not as sensitive, they weigh more, and their is nothing worse than trying to make a cast and having the end of the rod go flying off. If being able to carry your rod is your main concern, there are several avenues you can take. A rod tube is a cheap easy solution, but you have to remove the reel. A small piece of pipe insulation and a couple rubber bands wrapped around the rods and let them rest on the tail gate is another cheep fix. If you have any building skills and all, you can make a simple rod rack that will hold your rods up at a angle. I built this one out of some treated 2x12 . It holds a ice chest and my rods and cost less than $60 to make.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
sharkchum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2019, 07:13 AM   #5
TXanalogkd
Registered Users-pm+

TXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to Pirate
I do not recommend a two piece rod. I usually buy my rods when they are on sale at Academy. When rods are not on sale, I buy their H20 rods or the green rods from FTU.
TXanalogkd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2019, 07:24 AM   #6
Jhonny
Where is my hook

idk, i think nowadays 2pc is just as good as 1pc. difference should be negligible.

i also think i found what i want

https://majorcraft-america.com/produ...ting-spinning/

thank you all for your input
Old 08-12-2019, 08:34 AM   #7
TeXasWaterMan
Registered Users-pm+

TeXasWaterMan is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I have been guiding for a while now 6 yrs, and I can tell you Concept 13 A has blown my mind. for 174.99 7:1, I put it up against my Chronarch CI4 shimano 279.00 and I ll take the Concept A all day she's easy 5 yards longer and smoother than shimano. topwater lures on a wader rod with 12lbs mono is like launching missiles into the darkness before sunrise you just listen for the landing 1,2,3,4,5,6, splash..........
TeXasWaterMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2019, 09:11 AM   #8
Jhonny
Where is my hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeXasWaterMan View Post
I have been guiding for a while now 6 yrs, and I can tell you Concept 13 A has blown my mind. for 174.99 7:1, I put it up against my Chronarch CI4 shimano 279.00 and I ll take the Concept A all day she's easy 5 yards longer and smoother than shimano. topwater lures on a wader rod with 12lbs mono is like launching missiles into the darkness before sunrise you just listen for the landing 1,2,3,4,5,6, splash..........
thanks but i already have a reel but concept a looks good, double the drag than Chronarch G