Croakers are really expensive now – extremely high livewell mortality - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-09-2019, 08:30 AM   #11
SeaOx 230C
Registered Users-pm+

SeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to Pirate
Nobody actually believes the use of croaker for trout bait spells the doom of trout in Texas bay's do they?

Ps

Not against croaker being a game fish. But not for.It because I think it hurts trout. I'm for it because I sure miss the big golden croaker runs of years past. I consider croaker to be one of the better eating fish.
SeaOx 230C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2019, 10:07 AM   #12
ReedA1691
Registered Users-pm+

ReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOx 230C View Post
Nobody actually believes the use of croaker for trout bait spells the doom of trout in Texas bay's do they?

Ps

Not against croaker being a game fish. But not for.It because I think it hurts trout. I'm for it because I sure miss the big golden croaker runs of years past. I consider croaker to be one of the better eating fish.
I sure miss fried whole croaker. If you want some big enough to eat, you can go to Calcasieu and find them. They got some monster croaker there - saw a 21" long one caught there once. Low and behold, I've never seen croaker used or sold as bait there. Their method of shrimping (stationary butterfly nets) doesn't yield baby croaker.
ReedA1691 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 12:17 PM   #13
justletmein
Just call me JJ

justletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Pirate
Sure would love to fill a bucket of fat Croaker to bring home for a fish fry.
justletmein is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2019, 03:47 PM   #14
Festivus
Registered Users-pm+

Festivus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFestivus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFestivus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFestivus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFestivus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFestivus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFestivus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFestivus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFestivus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFestivus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFestivus has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Is croaker the same thing as whiting? We always catch a few, what I'm guessing are whiting, on shrimp and just throw them back out on the hook hoping for something bigger.
Festivus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 04:34 PM   #15
WillieT
Registered Users-pm+

WillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
Is croaker the same thing as whiting? We always catch a few, what I'm guessing are whiting, on shrimp and just throw them back out on the hook hoping for something bigger.
No sir, they are two different fish.
WillieT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #16
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon croaker/crappie

croaker and crappie are one in the same, once they hit the grease(wet with water, little tony's and plain yellow cornmill). few home fries mixed in with a little tony's, Dr. Pepper over ice, hard to beat. that's a healthy one there.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 08:09 PM   #17
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
croaker and crappie are one in the same, once they hit the grease(wet with water, little tony's and plain yellow cornmill). few home fries mixed in with a little tony's, Dr. Pepper over ice, hard to beat. that's a healthy one there.
True, key to both is eating them fresh!
SSST is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 09:07 PM   #18
randeg
Registered Users-pm+

randeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Pirate
Croaker

Just like sand trout. Eat them fresh, don't freeze em.
randeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 09:22 PM   #19
reelthreat
Do you know who I think I am???

reelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Pirate
If you can't keep a dozen alive, worry about people keeping a legal fish for a tourney, and complain about the weather maybe you need to reconsider fishing as a hobby...
reelthreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 11:50 PM   #20
GooseCommanderozz
Registered Users-pm+

GooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to Pirate
I think you don’t know the secret to keeping bait and tournament fish alive this time of year if you can’t keep 1 dozen croakers alive. Y’all keep using your plastics and I’ll keep using live bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GooseCommanderozz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message