Wade fishing tips.... - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2019, 09:17 AM   #11
Dasboot
Registered Users-pm+

Dasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFI-TX View Post
Travel light. Figure out or ask around for confidence lures for the season, area, depth, weather etc. Develop your A-Team of baits. Example. One small top water. and one large. Same for paddle and rat tail plastics. Same for suspending and a gold and a silver spoon. Use your intuition and whatever sign nature is offering. Then ask yourself these question; Do I need to locate fish or unlock the bite of the fish in front of me? Are the fish here but not feeding? Do I need to stand my ground and switch baits, colors, and/or presentation or do I need to put on a paddle tail or top and keep moving till I find the fish and then stand my ground??? Point is, A lot time can be wasted by fishing unproductive water and lock jawed fish or a lot of nice fish might be waded through because you weren't slow, observant, and patient enough to catch them. These are the techniques and lessons I've learned and still have to remind myself of. Lastly and this one is me giving myself advice lol. Dont get married to any location, technique, or bait....keep an open mind and explore the previously mentioned every chance you get as time and conditions allow.
Good thoughts...
Dasboot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2019, 12:32 PM   #12
impulse
'81 Aggie

impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
If you do wade in poor light conditions, please wear conspicuous clothing and carry a flashlight to warn off skinny water boats.

Recently staying in Sea Isle, I'm appalled at the confluence of waders and kayakers with no lights at all, combined with skinny water boats running all over at high speed in the dark. It's not like the good ol' days when you figured that you were safe wading in waist deep water.

I keep expecting to read a horror story about a line of waders taken out by a drunk jet skier or a boat taking a shortcut across the flats.
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 01:13 PM   #13
Al Landers
Registered Users-pm+

Al Landers has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Al Landers has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Al Landers has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Al Landers has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Al Landers has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Al Landers has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Al Landers has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Al Landers has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Al Landers has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Al Landers has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Al Landers has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Good pliers are a necessity in my opinion.

Landers offers great gear for waders, completely salt proof and durable.

We recommend the silver pliers for inshore fishermen. link here https://www.landersfishing.com/store...de_Cutter.html

Also checkout the Landers floats and the gear bag which is designed to help you rinse your salty gear after a day of wading.
https://www.landersfishing.com/store..._Gear_Bag.html

https://www.landersfishing.com/store...ool_Float.html
Al Landers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2019, 06:10 PM   #14
bfrog2
Bfrog2

bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishing Logic View Post
I’ll add a tip.. while I don’t post much here anymore I’ll say if you see someone fishing give them room. This Sunday I had a boat watching me (hooked up) while they shut down and anchored close to 150 yards away that’s fine but, to bale out of the boat and make a beeline to me is a problem. I like stealthy wades, heading towards me talking loud not cool. The one that got within casting range of me loudly belching.. come on man. I had a friend with me and we were working separate areas if I wanted a friend beside me I would have preferred the one I brought l, not your inconsiderate self. Wow that may be my 1st rant here.
Yep. If I see someone coming by and I've got a fish on I drop the rod tip and open the bail. I keep a little pressure on the line but will let the fish run around a little to keep someone from pulling up right on top of me. Don't lose many fish doing this, and if it happens, once the other guy is gone I'm still in an area I know has at least ONE fish!
bfrog2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message