Supercharging live bait with oxygen in July - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2019, 02:04 PM   #11
Beaux
Registered Users-pm+

Beaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to Pirate
I'm interested in an 02 set up. Those of you who had an 02 set up, what are you using?
Beaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2019, 02:29 PM   #12
sharkchum
Banned

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux View Post
I'm interested in an 02 set up. Those of you who had an 02 set up, what are you using?
I use the one from Boyds, but they are all pretty much the same. They run around $250.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
sharkchum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2019, 05:01 AM   #13
JJohnson34
Registered Users-pm+

JJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbj358 View Post
Also my bait was just as active yesterday as it was when I picked it up on Friday. Changing the water out is always a good idea if you can but I don't always do so.
So you didn’t change you livewell water several days and your croakers lived fine? I have read that if croakers have plenty air-oxygen, and no stress that it takes days for the livewell water to get toxic with ammonia, not hours. Am I hearing you saying the same thing and you proved that up last weekend with your croakers? Your croakers lived fine in your livewell with no water exchanges, is what you’re saying?

That's impressive, thanks for sharing your experience.
JJohnson34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2019, 05:50 AM   #14
JJohnson34
Registered Users-pm+

JJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
aluminum alloy regulators have big problems used around salt water

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchum View Post
I use the one from Boyds, but they are all pretty much the same. They run around $250.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Boyd and allthe other locals all are selling those aluminum alloy regulators. All aluminum O2 regulators have serious problems with Galvanic corrosion used around marine environments contrary to their advertisement.
Googled"compare fishing oxygen systems" check them out, see for yourself, there are many.
If you are using O2 regulators in marine environments, the best o2 regulators for marine environments are not certainly made with aluminum alloy. They are made of compatible metals resistant to Galvanic corrosion.
Be informed, chose wisely because you will get exactly what you payfor with the aluminum O2 regulators... aluminum O2 regulators are cheapand very disposable used around salt, salty air and salty water.
Aluminum regulators are like livewell water pumps, always buy 2 and keep one handy whenregulator failure happens. That white power-dust on aluminum regulators is the pre-warning sign you will see before the regulator fails.
The more you learn, the better choices you can make and more money you can save buy, Googling and choosing wisely. Life support systems (O2 regulators) must be very dependable and they must work well all the time.
JJohnson34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #15
mbj358
Registered Users-pm+

mbj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Pirate
Oxygen

I haven't had any trouble with my Boyds regulator. I can tell you Boyds does have the correct settings as some of the others do not. My settings begin at .03 which is what I run mine on. Others begin at .5 and that's to much based on my experience.
mbj358 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2019, 02:27 PM   #16
photofishin
Registered Users-pm+

photofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Pirate
so if I swap out to nitrous, can I get a croaker to go zero to 60 in 3.5 seconds?
photofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2019, 03:23 PM   #17
thirdcoastangler
Registered Users-pm+

thirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Lol I am just imaging being spooled by a croaker swimming 60 mph, or what the trout and drum would look like going after it. 😂
thirdcoastangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2019, 03:53 PM   #18
Jhonny
Where is my hook

Jhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to Gunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux View Post
cylinder ~80

https://www.amazon.com/Steel-Oxygen-...gateway&sr=8-4

CGA540 regulator ~30

https://www.amazon.com/Medline-Value...s%2C159&sr=8-3

ceramic diffuser ~25, this looks ugly plenty of nicer ones to shop around

https://www.amazon.com/Hygger-Aquari...gateway&sr=8-2

some tube ~5
https://www.amazon.com/Roscoe-Medica...ateway&sr=8-11
Jhonny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2019, 08:14 PM   #19
Aquillin87
Registered Users-pm+

Aquillin87 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAquillin87 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAquillin87 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAquillin87 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAquillin87 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAquillin87 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAquillin87 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAquillin87 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAquillin87 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAquillin87 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAquillin87 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Whenever you fill your Live well fill it with water from the stand add a cap of rejuvenate (the stuff that makes the water blue) and add a little ice ever so often and your crackers will stay alive for ever
Aquillin87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2019, 08:25 PM   #20
Jhonny
Where is my hook

Jhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to Gunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillin87 View Post
Whenever you fill your Live well fill it with water from the stand add a cap of rejuvenate (the stuff that makes the water blue) and add a little ice ever so often and your crackers will stay alive for ever
Or just give the ones fading away mouth to mouth resuscitation
Jhonny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message