boat floor sealer - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-22-2019, 09:17 PM   #1
CRutkowski
Registered Users-pm+

CRutkowski has been promoted to PirateCRutkowski has been promoted to PirateCRutkowski has been promoted to PirateCRutkowski has been promoted to PirateCRutkowski has been promoted to PirateCRutkowski has been promoted to PirateCRutkowski has been promoted to PirateCRutkowski has been promoted to PirateCRutkowski has been promoted to PirateCRutkowski has been promoted to PirateCRutkowski has been promoted to Pirate
Question boat floor sealer

I am very soon getting a new Haynie boat and was curious if anyone who has a non-skid gelcoat floor has ever put a sealer to prevent staining. I had an older boat that would get stained and I am looking to prevent staining if possible. I have used woody's wax in the past but was thinking about a clear sealer like marine grade Toon-brite or something similar. has anyone ever used a regular clear sealer from Sherwin Williams that could be brushed on.
CRutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2019, 08:07 PM   #2
Bevo34
Waterloo..Enough Said!!

Bevo34 has been promoted to PirateBevo34 has been promoted to PirateBevo34 has been promoted to PirateBevo34 has been promoted to PirateBevo34 has been promoted to PirateBevo34 has been promoted to PirateBevo34 has been promoted to PirateBevo34 has been promoted to PirateBevo34 has been promoted to PirateBevo34 has been promoted to PirateBevo34 has been promoted to Pirate
I had safe floor put in my boat. It is easy to wash of and has not stained in 7 years.
Bevo34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2019, 08:56 PM   #3
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
What kind of stains? The splatter deck gelcoat finish is super common on numerous Texas built boats. Generally very easy to clean. If you leave something rusty it will bleed in but FSR will get that right up. My last two Haynies were a 98 and 99 they looked new when i sold them last year. My current splatter deck hull (different manufacturer) is a 2008 and looks new. Previous owner left some rusty stuff in places which leached onto the flooring gelcoat but since cleaned right up with FSR and now no worries. All stored outside.

If leaves or something is a problem where you are store inside or get a cover.

No experience with the other products mentioned as necer had a need.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2019, 06:11 AM   #4
bmc4041
Registered Users-pm+

bmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Pirate
I saw Starbrite recently came out with a deck wax that claims to do exactly what you are looking for. I bought some but haven’t had a chance to try it out.

The starbrite deck cleaner is awesome. I spray that stuff on, brush it, sit for a few minutes and rinse. Does a much better job than just soap.
bmc4041 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2019, 01:46 PM   #5
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
oak leaves will certainly stain. Cover of some sort is best for that. I guess it would be helpful to know what sort of stains you're looking to prevent. Most things like blood and fish slime from the fish will power wash off.. except for snot from gaftop, that is some sticky stuff. Do not let that stuff dry. LOL.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:56 PM   #6
Fish
Registered Users-pm+

Fish has been promoted to PirateFish has been promoted to PirateFish has been promoted to PirateFish has been promoted to PirateFish has been promoted to PirateFish has been promoted to PirateFish has been promoted to PirateFish has been promoted to PirateFish has been promoted to PirateFish has been promoted to PirateFish has been promoted to Pirate
2 X on Starbrite Boat Deck Cleaner. I've been using it for about a year now and it IS awesome. Over time, also seems to restore mildly oxidized deck surface.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2019, 09:51 AM   #7
SKRT SKRT
Registered Users-pm+

SKRT SKRT is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
woody wax works good to prevent stains on nonskid
SKRT SKRT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message