POC family trip - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #11
DR_Smith
Registered Users-pm+

DR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to Pirate
I will for sure give updates! I assume most of the grass coming out of the water and then sand grass mixtures. And then of course around the sanctuary / dewberry cut. Those are probably going to be main target areas at first. If the wind is not too bad I think I might try the outside of the small jetties leaving ICW on the right. If I’m thinking correct a south wind would push bait and fish against the jettie on that flat.
Now it’s jut a matter of getting off work so I can head down there :/
DR_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2019, 02:58 PM   #12
DR_Smith
Registered Users-pm+

DR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks again for the replies and ideas! We had a great wkend and kids learned a lot! My 3 yr old son is already an excellent master ... shrimp catcher out of the livewell and loves to measure every fish caught! Even 8” rat reds could not be released until measured, he also got to reel in a few fish, including a stingray that was almost bigger then him!
My daughter got to where she was baiting her own lines and seeing where to fish to target them (sand / grass / weeds) and went as far as naming each shrimp and fish she caught!
Over all we caught LOTS of small fish and ended up with 3 or 4 reds and about 6 or so trout that were keepers, but easily 50 plus fish over the wkend.
Went to farewell island first (grass island had quite a few bits around it and we got a cpl hard heads and then a Bonnet nose (shovel nose) shark! He swam next to the boat and my daughter saw him and screamed, and then I dropped a shrimp right in front and the fight was on! It was only about 24” but was fun and the kids really enjoyed it.
We left there and tried a few other places with no keeper fish (not even sure names of where I was but around mitchels cut area.
We ended up in the great ICW around the old welder mansion and found some grass with bait and started pulling trout and reds. Ran out of shrimp, went and tested then went back and dumped another quart on the water! This is where we got all our fish with the biggest trout just under 20” and reds were 20-21. Lots of baby’s though.

Thanks again for the tips and advice!
DR_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2019, 08:23 PM   #13
Davidsel47
Registered Users-pm+

Davidsel47 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Davidsel47 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Davidsel47 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Davidsel47 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Davidsel47 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Davidsel47 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Davidsel47 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Davidsel47 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Davidsel47 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Davidsel47 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Davidsel47 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Sounds like a great weekend of family and fishing!
Davidsel47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2019, 11:03 PM   #14
1fisher77316
Registered Users-pm+

1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate
One often overlooked spot is the Army Hole. Some pretty decent trout and reds fall off into the hole when it gets really hot. The lower the tide the better. Try live shrimp under a cork or free line mullet, croaker or piggy perch.
Tight lines! Good luck to you and your daughter.
1fisher77316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message