Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-16-2019, 06:45 AM   #1
Toppwater
Registered Users-pm+

Toppwater is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
drum Full or almost full moon and fishing

With the moon being so full along with clear skys, I'd like to hear opinions as to how much does it affect fishing (trout/redfish) in the Galveston bay area??
Thx
Toppwater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2019, 08:10 AM   #2
sharkchum
Banned

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
In my experience, the full moon will kill day time fishing. There have been a few times when I've had epic days while fishing on a full moon, but it's rare. For me, fishing starts to slow down a few days before the full moon, and doesn't seem to pick back up until a few days after. When there is a bite, it usually seems to be in the middle of the day, or even better, in the middle of the night.
sharkchum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
Skifffer
Registered Users-pm+

Skifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to Pirate
In my experience I like it for the bay but hate it for offshore.
Skifffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #4
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Yeah, middle of the day. But it's smoking hot temp right now in the middle. Theres also a high slack tide for most of Saturday in a lot of locations.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #5
TXFishin
Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
My thought is, in the bay, night time is dinner time, that's why early morning or evening fishing is best, you catch the end or the start of dinner time.

Same for offshore to a certain degree, but doesn't make as much of a difference.

When there is a full moon, the feeding cycles get disrupted and spread or more over a 24 hour period than consecrated into a smaller sun down to sun up time period, which turns the bite down a little

Relentless
TXFishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2019, 11:08 AM   #6
Aggieangler
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)

Aggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to Pirate
I've always surmised that under a full moon, the fish eat more all night, because they still have better visibility to see bait. I could be wrong, but I think that is why the morning bite is almost non-existent on a full moon. I think the fish aren't as hungry those mornings. I could be wrong.
Aggieangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2019, 11:08 AM   #7
layedback2
Registered Users-pm+

layedback2 has been promoted to Piratelayedback2 has been promoted to Piratelayedback2 has been promoted to Piratelayedback2 has been promoted to Piratelayedback2 has been promoted to Piratelayedback2 has been promoted to Piratelayedback2 has been promoted to Piratelayedback2 has been promoted to Piratelayedback2 has been promoted to Piratelayedback2 has been promoted to Piratelayedback2 has been promoted to Pirate
For me, I do great with a full moon at night, if i'm going day after a full moon, i wait like the rest have said, Until mid day or so and hoping there is a tide start then also.
layedback2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2019, 01:12 PM   #8
Sabinekid09
Registered Users-pm+

Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Hate a full moon unless I’m night fishing in the late fall/winter.
Sabinekid09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2019, 02:42 PM   #9
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
I couldn't go but my son and a couple of buddies limited on flounder while wading and gigging last night and on trout this morning.

TH