2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Fishing imedla

786 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  troutsupport 
#1 ·
Anyone out here been crazy enough to try to find fish in these conditions?
I rented a beach house in san luis pass long before Imelda decided to do her thing this weekend. Kind of crazy to be right next to the water and not try. Where would you hit considering we have all this freshwater runoff not to mention 14 mile an hour winds last time I checked.
It was by chance that I got a place in san luis but I was thinking about it and it might be the farthest place from freshwater runoff in the area. Closest Fresh body of water is Chocolate Bayou that is all the way on the other side of the bank. I don't mind driving either, I'm not tied san luis.

#6 ·
The surf for trout, and also the outside of the jetties, and in the surf near the pass for Bull Reds. Probably you're most consistent opportunity right now for catching fish where you are. Use cut mullet, menhaden, or some other baitfish like whiting or croaker, live or dead shrimp, or crab. Use a 5/0 -7/0 circle hook, and some weight to keep it down... might take several ounces in some areas. Of the jetties on the outside you won't need too much weight.. 1-2 ounces. On the channel side you'll need more than that and you'll give up a lot of lead to the rocks.

Trout in the surf near the pass would be another good option, Topwaters, suspending plugs, plastics, or live shrimp or croaker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.