7th ANNUAL GOOD OL BOY BBQ BREAKING NEWS!! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Good Old Boys Hunting and Fishing Club
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
RogerB
Old Man

RogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to Pirate
7th ANNUAL GOOD OL BOY BBQ BREAKING NEWS!!

On March 3, 2011 the Good Ol Boys, their sponsors and supporters along with a strong contingent of volunteers will host the 7th Annual Good Ol Boy BBQ Honoring America's Wounded Warriors.

We wish we could invite all of 2cool but limitations for space just won't allow us to do that. However, we invite you all to turn on your computer or your PDA and listen to the broadcast presented LIVE by ESPN The ZONe beginning at 3pm CST. You can access the broadcast here:
http://www.1250zone.com/

and click on the "LISTEN LIVE" button on the upper right side of the webpage. I think you'll enjoy what you hear and will be surprised by the guests who will be in attendance. We would like to thank all of 2cool for your support, your donations and your participation in everything the Good Ol Boys do.
RogerB
Vice Chair Good Ol Boys Hunting Club

Now for a Message from the Chairman of the Good Ol Boys
For each event that the Good ol'boys put on I have a hat made up, (Brad does an awesome job helping me with this). For each event I put a different persons initials or name on the hat, so when people get the hats and ask about them we can tell them why these people are so special.

In past years I've put:
huntr4life (Scott) dad's initials on a hat, he passed away last Dec. he was a Marine and always was very supportive of our events, Scott had no idea I did this until the day of the event, and when I gave him his hat he had to do a double take then relized what I had done.

For this years hunt in Dec., I put "Tortuga" on the hat, to say Jim supports us is an understatement, I should have put his name on the front of the hat

For the BAMC BBQ hat, I read this story on 2cool and it really stayed wih me, its very typical of the stories that many of our returning troops face:
https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh...d.php?t=320264

I sent Roger a PM back in Jan:
I would like your permission to put "Jake" on the side of this years BAMC BBQ event hat, in honor of your son and to remind us and everyone that sometimes the battle doesn't end when you step off the field. Let me know your thoughts.

Roger replied that he and his wife would be honored, and are planning on attending and bringing Jakes daughter.
George McEntyre (aka Stumpy) Chairman Good Ol Boys Hunting Club
RogerB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
Haute Pursuit
Give it hell Remy!

Haute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to Pirate
Looking forward to it fellas!
Haute Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
SJAdventures
Registered Users-pm+

SJAdventures has been promoted to PirateSJAdventures has been promoted to PirateSJAdventures has been promoted to PirateSJAdventures has been promoted to PirateSJAdventures has been promoted to PirateSJAdventures has been promoted to PirateSJAdventures has been promoted to PirateSJAdventures has been promoted to PirateSJAdventures has been promoted to PirateSJAdventures has been promoted to PirateSJAdventures has been promoted to Pirate
Just heart sick that Donna Ann and me don't get to come to it this year Roger but you know all of the gang are always in our prayers. God Bless the Good Ol Boys and what they do.
SJAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
Tortuga
El Viejo

Tortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to Pirate
Excellent !!!!

You know I'll be there 'in spirit'....(and if'n ya skrew it up...I'll be there to haunt you.)
Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
RogerB
Old Man

RogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
Excellent !!!!

You know I'll be there 'in spirit'....(and if'n ya skrew it up...I'll be there to haunt you.)
Did you hear that Blake? Don't be wearin' no Texan Jersey to the event
Old 02-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
RogerB
Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJAdventures View Post
Just heart sick that Donna Ann and me don't get to come to it this year Roger but you know all of the gang are always in our prayers. God Bless the Good Ol Boys and what they do.
Thanks SJ. We know you would have made it and understand why you can't. We'll see you next year
Old 02-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
huntr4life
Gilmore Hunt Club

huntr4life has been promoted to Piratehuntr4life has been promoted to Piratehuntr4life has been promoted to Piratehuntr4life has been promoted to Piratehuntr4life has been promoted to Piratehuntr4life has been promoted to Piratehuntr4life has been promoted to Piratehuntr4life has been promoted to Piratehuntr4life has been promoted to Piratehuntr4life has been promoted to Piratehuntr4life has been promoted to Pirate
Can't wait, should be fun!
huntr4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
Haute Pursuit
Give it hell Remy!

Haute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
Did you hear that Blake? Don't be wearin' no Texan Jersey to the event

Maybe Scott will loan me his.
Haute Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
State_Vet
AKA "STUMPY"

State_Vet has been promoted to PirateState_Vet has been promoted to PirateState_Vet has been promoted to PirateState_Vet has been promoted to PirateState_Vet has been promoted to PirateState_Vet has been promoted to PirateState_Vet has been promoted to PirateState_Vet has been promoted to PirateState_Vet has been promoted to PirateState_Vet has been promoted to PirateState_Vet has been promoted to Pirate
Time is drawing near............
State_Vet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #10
patfatdaddy
Registered Users-pm+

patfatdaddy has been promoted to Piratepatfatdaddy has been promoted to Piratepatfatdaddy has been promoted to Piratepatfatdaddy has been promoted to Piratepatfatdaddy has been promoted to Piratepatfatdaddy has been promoted to Piratepatfatdaddy has been promoted to Piratepatfatdaddy has been promoted to Piratepatfatdaddy has been promoted to Piratepatfatdaddy has been promoted to Piratepatfatdaddy has been promoted to Pirate
I am so looking forward to meeting all of you and shaking your hands. You guys do a great thing for our heroes. Seven years, that is fantastic.
God bless you.
Pat
patfatdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message