Tucking 37" tires on a 2" lifted truck? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2018, 07:05 PM   #1
barronj
SHUFL

barronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Pirate
Tucking 37" tires on a 2" lifted truck?

I have a good deal available to me, I'd put some nitto 37's on my stock machined finish 5 spoke wheels.

With my Thuren 2" soft ride springs and sulastic shackles, the truck sits dead level with an approximate 2" lift.

I currently have 35's and there's ~1-1+inches of clearance in the front wheel wells, rear aren't really a concern.

Anyone done this and not lost your ability to cut the wheel all the way in? Looking for for first hand experience or close to it. I can't test fit the tires :^(

barronj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2018, 07:52 AM   #2
Charlie in TX
Registered Users-pm+

Charlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to Pirate
For a question that specific, I would go to a forum like www.ramforum.com . You will be talking to several people who have been there done that.
Charlie in TX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
barronj
SHUFL

barronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks. I have it posted on Cumminsforum.com and another gear head centric forum, will check out ramforum.com!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2018, 06:34 PM   #4
msf62000
Registered Users-pm+

msf62000 has been promoted to Piratemsf62000 has been promoted to Piratemsf62000 has been promoted to Piratemsf62000 has been promoted to Piratemsf62000 has been promoted to Piratemsf62000 has been promoted to Piratemsf62000 has been promoted to Piratemsf62000 has been promoted to Piratemsf62000 has been promoted to Piratemsf62000 has been promoted to Piratemsf62000 has been promoted to Pirate
So I have same truck with about the same amount of lift. I never have went up to 37's only 35's or 315's. So with 35x12.50x17 BFG Mud Terrains i had no rubbing at all then I went to 315/75/17 Goodyear Duratracs and I would rub my lower control arms at full turn. So my answer to you is this as far as turning goes as long as your tire width doesn't increase you will not rub when turning. Height shouldn't affect turning. Now will they rub inner fender wells that i don't know. Hope this helps.
msf62000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2018, 11:30 AM   #5
INTOTHEBLUE
Gordon's Grub Rub

INTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to PirateINTOTHEBLUE has been promoted to Pirate
I have a 2006 with a 6" superlift and put 37's on my stock wheels. They rubbed on the lower control arms and the bumper when turning full lock. I trimmed the bumper and tried to not turn full lock. Since then I have put BMF wheels and 37's again but with the offset they don't rub anymore.
INTOTHEBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #6
barronj
SHUFL

I got it done. I had to trim a piece about the size of a silver dollar of the bottom of my fender flares. They do rub on the control arms when I get close to lock. Thuren sells .5” longer control arms with a design that elminates the ability to rub.

Old 11-24-2018, 07:41 PM   #7
StinkyFingerMullet
Registered Users-pm+

StinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to Pirate
Little late to the party but I ran 37s on a level kit on my 08 f250. Got tired of it beating me to death so I went with a 4.5 icon lift. Still beats me to death but at least all my angles are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StinkyFingerMullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message