2000 F350 4x4 SRW Leveling Kit - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2018, 10:49 PM   #1
beauxedup
Registered Users-pm+

beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
2000 F350 4x4 SRW Leveling Kit

I've got a 2000 f350 7.3 4x4 SRW. Bought the truck a couple months ago and the previous owner put a 4" kit in the front only to level the truck out due to the rake on the 350s with the large stock block in the back. I'm wanting to bring this down...I've looked at the 2.5" kit for the front and my question is, since this truck is leaf sprung, is it just a matter of swapping one kit for the other or are additional parts required? I know he didn't have to do any major modifications when he put the 4" kit in like extending brake lines or anything. Any help is greatly appreciated
beauxedup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
I have the same truck and had a local shop that works on big trucks...18 wheelers, dump trucks, etc....add another arched leaf spring that picked the front up such that I now have 1.5" difference in height from front to back. This was done a dozen years ago and I am still happy with it. The stock leaf springs tend to sag and get negative curvature over time due to the weight of the engine and this has not happened to mine. If he added a 4" lift of some sort I hope he installed a longer and/or adjustable track bar. There are different kits and/or ways to raise the front end...add a leaf, spring mount drop, etc.
bwguardian is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2018, 07:30 PM   #3
beauxedup
Registered Users-pm+

beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)beauxedup has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Maybe I worded it wrong. I guess what I should've said was that it currently has the 4" kit in the front that levels it out. A little rake doesn't bother me so I'd like to lower the front to restore that and so if i bought a 2.5" kit, is it as simple as just swapping kits or are there additional parts that would need to be bought as well? It's a little too high for my liking and i like the rake when towing so my truck's nose is not in the air
beauxedup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2018, 06:17 AM   #4
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
I understood what you were talking about. It's hard to know which kit was installed as there are different types as I noted above. I didn't install anything else with mine; however, a longer or adjustable track bar is probably a good idea. I also don't have the factory front sway bar and have never had a problem given the added leaf spring really firmed things up. I would highly recommend adding a leaf that has a little arch to it as the factory leaf springs will sag over time and ruin themselves due to the heavy front end. The problem with these factory suspensions is they don't have grease able zirk fittings...I recently rebuilt the front end with parts that have the fittings.
bwguardian is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message