2003 7.3 rebuild - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2018, 08:21 PM   #11
Robert.Parson
Formerly known as parsrobc

Robert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
I know a guy up on the north side that is one of the few I let fool with my stuff when need be. I would have him look at it and see what he thinks first.

So who is the north side guy ?
PM me if you want.
And thanks again BW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robert.Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2018, 08:35 PM   #12
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Parson View Post
Right you are sir.
CCV, not EGR...

No problems with coolant.
but that reminds me that i do have a pinhole leak somewhere in my block.
i lose about a quart a year.
so it makes even more sense to get a rebuildable core and start there.
i can see me getting ripped off though.
how do "I" know an engine is rebuildable ?

it's like the springs. how do you know you are getting a set of decent springs from the junkyard. or they are actually for MY application ? they could be off
99 model beat up dump truck and i wouldnt know the difference. (still need to do that as well).

but no matter what. i'm not giving up. rebuilding this excursion might take 10 grand, but it's better than paying 15 for one that might be in as bad a shape. and its way better than forking out $25k for one that it is SAID to be all rebuilt...
You've finally relieved my headache.. I remember another post of yours. You were saying you put an EGR bypass on your 2003 7.3. 1- 7.3 had no EGR. 2- We kept trying to tell you it's a 6.0 because they came out in 2003

No worries I'm just happy we've got this settled. Good luck on your rebuild, however, 238k miles is a short life out of a 7.3.. I hate Powerjokes, but that 7.3 is an easy million mile engine.

While you're at it, have them bolt an Allison 1000 6 speed tranny to it. 7.3 with an Allison would be a complete tank
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2018, 09:11 PM   #13
Robert.Parson
Formerly known as parsrobc

Robert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to Pirate
Sorry about your headache DK.
My HUA syndrome is getting worse every day too.
And my CRS disease is even worse than that.

It is a 7.3, possibly the last one ever installed in an EXCURSION.
Well, maybe not, I saw one that had an Eddie Bauer Edition. And I thought THAT was a 6.0 option.

I would really like to have that six speed.
My foot needs another gear.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Robert.Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2018, 09:16 PM   #14
RLwhaler
Registered Users-pm+

RLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Ok guys
I think it's time rebuild my 7.3.
Other than PowerStroke Magic,
who is the best diesel engine rebuilder you know ?
Looking for longevity and fuel mileage.
Not interested in spending money for more power since it has enough.
Not interested in ROLLING COAL.
Prefer Northwest Houston / Harris county.
Prefer someone who is not going to drag out the build since I will have to be in a rental while it's getting rebuilt.
I am willing to prepay for parts to shorten my down time to a reputable shop.
I am also willing to help, if nothing more than just a learning experience.

Symptoms:
238,000 miles of my heavy foot.
Lots of blow by thru the filler cap and EGR bypass.
Bluish white smoke at startup until it's warmed up.
Burns a quart of oil ever 1000 miles.
Idles low some times.
Idles rough most of the time.

New glow plugs in the past 10,000 miles.
New injectors in the past 5,000 miles.
Oil changed every 5k without fail for the last 175,000 miles.

Robert

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Robert,

I have read your post this morning. Your description above " Not interested in ROLLING COAL." is a perfect fit a diesel mechanic that I know of. John WILL NOT "Roll Coals" Old school (OEM) type of mechanic. Details like you wouldn't believe. His private shop is right next door to the HEB on 290 and Barker Cypress. I'am hesitant to recommend you to John because, John only does mechanic works on his spare time. It will take a while. Darn great 7.3 mechanic ! he owns a few of them(3) If you like, just PM me and ill give you his number. Y'all can work out a schedule.

Richard
RLwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2018, 10:28 AM   #15
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
So who is the north side guy ?
PM me if you want.
And thanks again BW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problem...sent you a PM. Let him at least look at it and diagnose issues.
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message