Truck Tire Question - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2018, 12:20 PM   #11
finchinzo
Registered Users-pm+

finchinzo has been promoted to Piratefinchinzo has been promoted to Piratefinchinzo has been promoted to Piratefinchinzo has been promoted to Piratefinchinzo has been promoted to Piratefinchinzo has been promoted to Piratefinchinzo has been promoted to Piratefinchinzo has been promoted to Piratefinchinzo has been promoted to Piratefinchinzo has been promoted to Piratefinchinzo has been promoted to Pirate
Probably because the tire is less popular. Just throw some 295/65s on it and roll. And get toyo at2 if you want a good tire. The Nitto ridge grappler is nice too but wont last as long.

Last edited by finchinzo; 06-20-2018 at 12:21 PM. Reason: added
finchinzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2018, 12:56 PM   #12
Discount Tire

Discount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie in TX View Post
Yep, Discount has its own section down under vendors.

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Are both tires E rated?

Back in the day I used BFGs on everything. This past truck was all street use so I went with Micheliens. My current truck (Power Wagon) had 2 blowouts at the deer lease. I don't carry 2 spares so we loaded up the truck (buddies) and headed to Discount. Got there about 5 on Saturday so I kinda had to buy what they had. Ended up with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295 70 17E. Right at $1200 for the set. That was about 10k miles ago. I couldn't be happier. Good traction, quite on the freeway, good wear. When its time to replace them, I'll get the same.
We appreciate your support, Charlie! The Ridge Grappler is a solid performer - I'm sure they will serve you well for many more miles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texashookset View Post

So Discount man, question. Do you know it to be 100% true in all yalls stores that y’all will not sell to install and warranty a 325/60-20 on a factory F350 wheel? Y’all used to sell them and install til 6 years ago, then I’d buy elsewhere and y’all would install and sell me a lifetime balance/rotate and now y’all won’t even rotate and balance the ones I have to buy from someone else. Is there anyway around this?
First and foremost, we appreciate your previous business and we thank you for the question, Texashookset!

I'd also like to apologize for the fact that we did not do a better job explaining to you why we are no longer able to service 325/60R-20 size tires on your truck. I think I may know the reason behind why we won't but I don't want to provide you with misinformation. That being said, may I ask what year your F350 is?

Useful Links:
Discount Tire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2018, 01:08 PM   #13
Texashookset
second to the last....

Texashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to Pirate
This ones a 17’ last few were all the same style 350’s (12’, 09 and 05’) “. Last time y’all sold/installed was when my 12’ was new.
Texashookset is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2018, 02:49 PM   #14
Discount Tire

Discount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerDiscount Tire has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texashookset View Post
This ones a 17’ last few were all the same style 350’s (12’, 09 and 05’) “. Last time y’all sold/installed was when my 12’ was new.
Thank you for the additional details, Texashookset.

Tire safety and procedures are growing within our industry and with customer safety being a top priority for us here at Discount Tire, we want our practices inline. With that in mind, there are a number of factors that come into play when we are now verifying tire fitments. One of them is tire size to rim width range.

I pulled the 17' and 12' O.E. 20" wheel data for your F350's and both are 20x8.5. In this particular instance, the 325/60R-20 tire size is safely run on 9-inch to 12-inch wide wheels per the Tire and Rim Association (T&RA). For this fitment/application, we recommend a wider wheel.

My apologies again that this was not explained to you earlier. If you would like to explore the aftermarket wheels that work with this tire size please don't hesitate to PM us - I'm more than happy to help! I'll also add that there will be an Independence Day promotion this year and if it's anything like last year's promo, you can expect to save $100.00 back by mail with the purchase of four(4) alloy wheels!

Useful Links:
Old 06-21-2018, 04:36 PM   #15
gozag
Registered Users-pm+

gozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirategozag has been promoted to Pirate
Both tire sizes are 10 ply load range E and both have 15/32" tread depth.

Guess the only point that has been raised that could make sense is the current supply and availability of the bigger tire vs the stock size.

What else bothers me is the 275/65/20 KO2 is actually half an inch smaller than the 275/65/20 Michelin.

So to get a tire that is the same diameter but a small bit wider you have to pay darn near twice as much.

Looks like I'll be going with the Ridge Grapplers in 295/65/20 since I'll get a better look for the same price.
gozag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #16
Ranger250
Registered Users-pm+

Ranger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
truck tires

I have a 2015 Chevy 2500 Z71 with Cooper Discoverer ATP LT 285/65/18 tires on it. These tires have 60,000 miles on them and plenty of thread left. I pull a 26 ft center console offshore boat boat with the truck. I purchased them at Discount tire in Port Arthur TX. This store has great service. I have the tires rotated and balanced ever 6000 miles for free at Discount tire.My next set of tires will be Cooper Discoverer AT3XLT LT 285/65/18, from Discount tire. Ranger250
Ranger250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2018, 02:28 PM   #17
Discount Tire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger250 View Post
I have a 2015 Chevy 2500 Z71 with Cooper Discoverer ATP LT 285/65/18 tires on it. These tires have 60,000 miles on them and plenty of thread left. I pull a 26 ft center console offshore boat boat with the truck. I purchased them at Discount tire in Port Arthur TX. This store has great service. I have the tires rotated and balanced ever 6000 miles for free at Discount tire.My next set of tires will be Cooper Discoverer AT3XLT LT 285/65/18, from Discount tire. Ranger250
We appreciate your support, Ranger!

Glad to hear you're pleased with the ATP. I'm seeing a lot of positive reviews on the AT3 XLT so I'm sure you'll enjoy those as well.

Let us know if we can help in any way when the time comes for new rubber.

Useful Links: