Gun Safe - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
FishinAG22
Pluggin' Deep

FishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to PirateFishinAG22 has been promoted to Pirate
Gun Safe

I will be purchasing a gun safe in the next few weeks...my Black Friday shopping. I am not a fan of the electronic keypad safes and I will be looking for a combination lock safe but there are not may options. If I do end up with an electronic lock it will have to have a key backup. I will be looking for a 24-40 gun safe, without dropping $2k. I have a couple questions for you guys:

1) Preference of Brand?
2) if you did buy an electronic lock safe, which ones to stay away from and which ones have have you guys had good luck with?
3) What is the biolock I have been seeing?
4) Best pricing at which stores?
FishinAG22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2017, 12:22 PM   #2
Whitebassfisher
Retired opinionated old fart

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
Just for locks, it seems the S & G (Sargent & Greenleaf) mechanical is hard to beat.
Whitebassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #3
AggieDad
Registered Users-pm+

AggieDad has been promoted to PirateAggieDad has been promoted to PirateAggieDad has been promoted to PirateAggieDad has been promoted to PirateAggieDad has been promoted to PirateAggieDad has been promoted to PirateAggieDad has been promoted to PirateAggieDad has been promoted to PirateAggieDad has been promoted to PirateAggieDad has been promoted to PirateAggieDad has been promoted to Pirate
Be sure to shop Tractor Supply - they usually have better prices than Academy - for the same safe.
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #4
daddyeaux
Cajun 2 da Bone

daddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Pirate
I got mine at Bass Pro, dial combination lock, do not trust the electronic locks.
daddyeaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2017, 01:14 PM   #5
TxDuSlayer
TxDuSlayer

TxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to PirateTxDuSlayer has been promoted to Pirate
Lone Star Gun Safes
TxDuSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #6
RubiconAg
Registered Users-pm+

RubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to Pirate
Check out the Cannon family of safes. The upper end models have a dual electronic/dial combination lock. I have one, it is perfect and if anything ever happens to electronic lock, the combo backup is nice (especially when you are trying to keep quiet, the beeping is loud, my safe is in my master)

Also, I believe the thread was on here about the Cannon lifetime warranty covering fire, floods, theft, etc. Multiple people had stories about how their safe was flooded and Cannon is shipping them a brand new one, no questions asked.

Mine came with not only the combo lock but also interior lights, interior door pocket panel, data and power pass through, all for the price of the safe.

Just as a side, most gun safes are not truly "safes" but rather glorified cabinets. They get their weight from usually having 2 layers of drywall inside the "sheet metal" shell, even the good models, which is also where they get their fire rating from. To get a true safe, as defined by ANSI, UL, etc. (I forget the official agency) you will easily be in the $5,000+ range. A true safe has to have a minimum of 1/4" steel shell and door with specific hinges. These safes are also usually several thousand pounds. Research it. I knew what I was purchasing and to keep the kids and average household their out, the Cannon "safe" does what I need.
RubiconAg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2017, 02:28 PM   #7
Baja26outlaw
Registered Users-pm+

Baja26outlaw is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Able Ammo in Huntsville has a good selection...
Baja26outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #8
batmaninja
Registered Users-pm+

batmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDuSlayer View Post
Lone Star Gun Safes
X2 I picked one up about 5 years ago from here and have been happy with it. Read some good reviews on here before getting it.

I would pay the extra $150-$200 for delivery and install if it is in your house.

I have an electronic key pad, and love it, much faster than the dial ones. Replaced the batteries once and it was a breeze. I wont ever get a safe with a dial.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #9
TwoKewl'er
Registered Users-pm+

TwoKewl'er has been promoted to PirateTwoKewl'er has been promoted to PirateTwoKewl'er has been promoted to PirateTwoKewl'er has been promoted to PirateTwoKewl'er has been promoted to PirateTwoKewl'er has been promoted to PirateTwoKewl'er has been promoted to PirateTwoKewl'er has been promoted to PirateTwoKewl'er has been promoted to PirateTwoKewl'er has been promoted to PirateTwoKewl'er has been promoted to Pirate
Lone Star is where i got my Champion years ago, def worth the install and del'v think i have 4 6500# lag bolts holding it down, also dont forget the de-humidifer

Carry on
TwoKewl'er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2017, 06:59 AM   #10
ibtbone
John 3:16

ibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDuSlayer View Post
Lone Star Gun Safes

Lone star in north Houston or cc plus in conroe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ibtbone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message