wild turkey... - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
kweber
Registered Users-pm+

kweber has been promoted to Piratekweber has been promoted to Piratekweber has been promoted to Piratekweber has been promoted to Piratekweber has been promoted to Piratekweber has been promoted to Piratekweber has been promoted to Piratekweber has been promoted to Piratekweber has been promoted to Piratekweber has been promoted to Piratekweber has been promoted to Pirate
wild turkey...

yall post up how ya deal w/wild turkey breasts...
losta info on the net/web, but I'm gathering real results from the group here.....
moistness is paramount.
I'll add what I have in mind at a later date...
kweber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2017, 01:18 PM   #2
SwampRat
Registered Users-pm+

SwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to Pirate
Last weekend it was fajitas.
SwampRat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2017, 01:36 PM   #3
JReich
Registered Users-pm+

JReich has been promoted to PirateJReich has been promoted to PirateJReich has been promoted to PirateJReich has been promoted to PirateJReich has been promoted to PirateJReich has been promoted to PirateJReich has been promoted to PirateJReich has been promoted to PirateJReich has been promoted to PirateJReich has been promoted to PirateJReich has been promoted to Pirate
Hard to beat cut into strips, soaked in buttermilk, floured and fried.
It is tough to cook wild turkeys without drying out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JReich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2017, 02:42 PM   #4
steverino
Registered Users-pm+

steverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Pirate
sheepy2 Wild Turkey

The breast is always very good cut into square strips, battered and deep fried. Tender and moist! Now the rest of the bird is questionable. I've been told that you can make enchiladas out of it. You can make chili out of anything! I had a friend that once took a bunch of carcasses from me and fried or smoked them. I don't know how they turned out since he quit talking to me and as such may no longer be a friend! Oh well, they were free and the breast fries up fine anyway!
steverino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2017, 06:40 PM   #5
Cody C
Aggie Angler

Cody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to PirateCody C has been promoted to Pirate
I have only ever done strips with the breast meat.
I want to brine, inject, and smoke one next. That should keep it moist!
Cody C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2017, 08:06 AM   #6
peckerwood
Registered Users-pm+

peckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Pirate
I cut it into strips and cook it real slow in lots of butter with a bunch of onion and bell pepper,and I like it with lots of coarse ground black pepper.Roll it up in a flour tortilla.The onions and bell pepper get done the same time as the meat,so it's way easy.Cut in strips,battered and fried is cotton-picken good too!
peckerwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2017, 09:58 AM   #7
reddog5
Banned

reddog5 has been promoted to Piratereddog5 has been promoted to Piratereddog5 has been promoted to Piratereddog5 has been promoted to Piratereddog5 has been promoted to Piratereddog5 has been promoted to Piratereddog5 has been promoted to Piratereddog5 has been promoted to Piratereddog5 has been promoted to Piratereddog5 has been promoted to Piratereddog5 has been promoted to Pirate
Fry the strips, make mashed taters and cream gravy, green beans with a large dolop of bacon grease, salt pepper all the above. Toss rest of bird in crab trap.
reddog5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2017, 12:28 PM   #8
InfamousJ
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16

InfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to PirateInfamousJ has been promoted to Pirate
Shredded turkey enchiladas
InfamousJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #9
POCsaltdog
Registered Users-pm+

POCsaltdog has been promoted to PiratePOCsaltdog has been promoted to PiratePOCsaltdog has been promoted to PiratePOCsaltdog has been promoted to PiratePOCsaltdog has been promoted to PiratePOCsaltdog has been promoted to PiratePOCsaltdog has been promoted to PiratePOCsaltdog has been promoted to PiratePOCsaltdog has been promoted to PiratePOCsaltdog has been promoted to PiratePOCsaltdog has been promoted to Pirate
A brine is a must for at least 6 hours. water 1 cup of salt and 1 cup of sugar. Throw in some peppercorns, fresh herbs, orange and onion. Wrap in bacon and grill. Make sure you rinse the brine off thoroughly.
POCsaltdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2018, 09:06 PM   #10
SoDak Hunter
Registered Users-pm+

SoDak Hunter has been promoted to PirateSoDak Hunter has been promoted to PirateSoDak Hunter has been promoted to PirateSoDak Hunter has been promoted to PirateSoDak Hunter has been promoted to PirateSoDak Hunter has been promoted to PirateSoDak Hunter has been promoted to PirateSoDak Hunter has been promoted to PirateSoDak Hunter has been promoted to PirateSoDak Hunter has been promoted to PirateSoDak Hunter has been promoted to Pirate
We used oven bags to keep them from drying out when I used to hunt turkeys in SD. They always turned out moist and delicious.
SoDak Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message