It's Been a Week - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Tobacco Quitters Support Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2017, 06:08 PM   #1
Retired
Fishing again?

Retired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to Pirate
It's Been a Week

It has been a TOUGH week - I quit a Skoal can a day habit cold turkey a week ago. I have dipped and chewed for 10 plus years, and I just got tired of the addiction.

Fortunately, the wife was gone visiting her family for the first few days, so she did not have to be subject to my general orneriness from withdrawal. However, the first few days seemed easier than the last couple (wife came home - coincidence?), and I am hoping the cravings will ease soon. In the meantime, I am staying frantically busy and chewing gum as if my life depends on it. The worst are the morning coffee and after dinner, just like when I quit smoking almost 30 years ago. I know this will get better, so I am hanging tough, even though I am a bit cranky.
Retired is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2017, 03:36 PM   #2
Oso Blanco
Registered Users-pm+

Oso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to Pirate
Stick with it. I feel your pain. I am 3 weeks and 1 day off a 40 year smoking habit. I had quit for 1 year about ten years ago. I thought I could handle one cigar every now and then. Not so. I have realized that I can never have tobacco again. For me at three weeks when the craving does happen it goes away quick. I still have the same triggers also. I have made a lot of changes in the last 8 weeks. Heart stints can make a man re-think mortality. Good luck to you. I know you can beat it.
Oso Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 06:30 PM   #3
sea hunt 202
Registered Users-pm+

sea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Pirate
Good on you, I have been free of the dip for 6 weeks and dont miss it.
sea hunt 202 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2017, 09:28 PM   #4
OffShore Man
Evil Speculator

OffShore Man has been promoted to PirateOffShore Man has been promoted to PirateOffShore Man has been promoted to PirateOffShore Man has been promoted to PirateOffShore Man has been promoted to PirateOffShore Man has been promoted to PirateOffShore Man has been promoted to PirateOffShore Man has been promoted to PirateOffShore Man has been promoted to PirateOffShore Man has been promoted to PirateOffShore Man has been promoted to Pirate
stay quite bro, i am on day 86 and it does get easier. try your best to stay away from the big triggers ect. I know thats hard. i quite drinking for 3 weeks to get by. Also no shame in using smokey mountain to get by the oral anxiety. it helped me more than once. or coffee grounds. just no nic.
OffShore Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2017, 09:02 PM   #5
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffShore Man View Post
stay quite bro, i am on day 86 and it does get easier. try your best to stay away from the big triggers ect. I know thats hard. i quite drinking for 3 weeks to get by. Also no shame in using smokey mountain to get by the oral anxiety. it helped me more than once. or coffee grounds. just no nic.
That coffee ground stuff is **** good actually to be honest.

Hang in there bud!
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2017, 08:40 AM   #6
stumpgrinder3
Registered Users-pm+

stumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Pirate
It gets easier . Every day , it gets easier.
stumpgrinder3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #7
Retired
Fishing again?

Retired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to PirateRetired has been promoted to Pirate
Well, coming up on 4 weeks, and it has gotten easier. I don't think about it nearly as much, but still miss it at times, like when popping a cold one or after a great meal. This is the first time I have gotten this far, so I am optimistic I can make it stick this time. The big challenge will be on the boat or sitting in the duck blind, which is how I started in the first place.
Retired is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 02:54 PM   #8
Oso Blanco
Registered Users-pm+

Oso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to PirateOso Blanco has been promoted to Pirate
Hang in there. Today is six weeks for me. It has not been easy. Some triggers are hard to get past.
Oso Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message