Assistance needed, mechanic references - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 06-07-2004, 08:45 AM   #1
Boomer
Registered Users-pm+

Boomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Assistance needed, mechanic references

Thought you guys might be able to help me out. I keep my boat down at Kirby Marina on Oyster Creek. Many of you know the marina for those that don't, it is right near Bridge Harbor, Freeport. I have a 30ft Grady White with twin 250 yamahas and no trailer. I am in need of a mechanic to root out an oil pump problem on the port motor. I have used Steve's Mobile Marine in Oyster Creek a couple of times and have no issues with him except he is not a Yamaha authorized mechanic (that really isn't that big of a deal), actually quite satisfied with his service. I am curious as to those of you who don't have trailers, who do you use??? I would like to try out a few other mechanics if anyone has any success and is willing to share. A Yamaha mechanic would be even better.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2004, 11:11 AM   #2
Boomer
Registered Users-pm+

Boomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBoomer has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Come on guys. I know you get your motors serviced. I am just looking for some help here. 49 views and noonne has any suggestions??????

Please help.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:50 PM   #3
mcgolfer
Registered Users-pm+

mcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matemcgolfer has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
kresta marine in clute is a yamaha dealer and we have our boat serviced at their shop. also just up the street from kresta is an independant outboard repair guy. i haven't used him but he might be what you are looking for. both places are located on 288 business hwy....rick
mcgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2004, 01:22 PM   #4
James Howell
Registered Users-pm+

James Howell has been promoted to PirateJames Howell has been promoted to PirateJames Howell has been promoted to PirateJames Howell has been promoted to PirateJames Howell has been promoted to PirateJames Howell has been promoted to PirateJames Howell has been promoted to PirateJames Howell has been promoted to PirateJames Howell has been promoted to PirateJames Howell has been promoted to PirateJames Howell has been promoted to Pirate
Re:

I'll second Kresta's. Give 'em a call and ask for Kevin (979)265-0551
James Howell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2004, 01:25 PM   #5
Boomer
Registered Users-pm+

James and McGolfer,

Thanks for the replies. I have spoken to Kresta's before and they don't provide Mobile services for guys like me without trailers and last time I talked to them they didn't have a trailer big enough for us 30ft guys. I will give them another call and see if anything has changed since last year.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:40 PM   #6
chickenkiller
Registered Users-pm+

chickenkiller has disabled reputation
Boomer,
You can try Anderson Marine in Bay City. Ask for Jim or Richard. I am not sure if they will do mobile work, but it is worth the call.
chickenkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2004, 01:52 PM   #7
bp fishin(kat-a-lac)
Registered Users-pm+

bp fishin(kat-a-lac) is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bp fishin(kat-a-lac) is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bp fishin(kat-a-lac) is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bp fishin(kat-a-lac) is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bp fishin(kat-a-lac) is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bp fishin(kat-a-lac) is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bp fishin(kat-a-lac) is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bp fishin(kat-a-lac) is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bp fishin(kat-a-lac) is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bp fishin(kat-a-lac) is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)bp fishin(kat-a-lac) is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Try Finish Line in HItchcock, they used to do mobile work, but usually don't, unless slow, they might even come get your boat, as they have picked up mine before(on a trailer?). OR call John [email protected]
bp fishin(kat-a-lac) is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2004, 02:38 PM   #8
Keiffer
Registered Users-pm+

Keiffer is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Keiffer is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Question What about Kirby?

What about having Kirby look at it?

Ceasar - I think he is their main mechanic has done good work for us. All the work was on inboards and not outboards. I seriously doubt they are a certified Yamaha place though.

They can at least lift the boat on the travel lift if it needs to be hauled.
Keiffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2004, 03:53 PM   #9
Boomer
Registered Users-pm+

I have talked to the guys at Kirby and they have essentially told me that they prefer not to work on outboards, not that they can't but their money is in the diesels. I have used their lift when Steve's came and picked up the boat.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:21 PM   #10
Hoover
Registered Users-pm+

Hoover has disabled reputation
Try Meek's outboard service. They have a guy that can pick the boat up and take it to them in kemah and will bring it back. Granted be not for free. But I promise you one thing these guys are the best in this area. I worked with both of the mechanics over there Steve and Roger and they are both very good at what they do and will go the extra mile. I know a few of your boats and even worked on a few of them. NOT MAXIM MARINE OR MEEKS MARINE. DO NOT GO THERE HORRIBLE SERVICE SHOP NOW. you can find there number at meeksoutboardservice.com. I would highly recommend them for anyone. And they are all Yamaha certified.
Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message