Death Wobble -- '94 F350 - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2018, 06:36 PM   #21
Harbormaster
To Endeavor to Persevere

Harbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to PirateHarbormaster has been promoted to Pirate
Just got this today, straight from Ford.
Attached Images

Harbormaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2018, 08:56 PM   #22
Hooked
Registered Users-pm+

Hooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to Pirate
That's pretty funny. Although mine is 2WD, if I slow down/let off the accelerator it makes the problem worse until I'm almost completely stopped. Accelerating on the other hand, decreases the wobble.

Thanks for not posting just to ask if replacing bushing fixed my problem. I DO have the bushing but have NOT installed them yet. lol
Hooked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2018, 09:48 PM   #23
pilar
El jefe

pilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Piratepilar has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbormaster View Post
Just got this today, straight from Ford.
This really makes me mad, I sold my F350 because it's death wobble scared my wife, and I never trusted it when driving near concrete barriers
" improper tire pressure " what a joke
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2018, 09:57 PM   #24
Yak a Tak
Registered Users-pm+

Yak a Tak has been promoted to PirateYak a Tak has been promoted to PirateYak a Tak has been promoted to PirateYak a Tak has been promoted to PirateYak a Tak has been promoted to PirateYak a Tak has been promoted to PirateYak a Tak has been promoted to PirateYak a Tak has been promoted to PirateYak a Tak has been promoted to PirateYak a Tak has been promoted to PirateYak a Tak has been promoted to Pirate
I saw it first hand on Beltway 8 the other day. White F250 6.7, looked like 35" tires. He went from 75 to 55 real quick, and it almost looked like the wheels were gonna come off. Thought he was having a tire come apart. Few minutes later he passed me going 75 again, guessing something might have touched cotton.
Yak a Tak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2018, 11:11 AM   #25
texastkikker
Registered Users-pm+

texastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Pirate
I had an '08 F250 4x4 that did it every morning on my way to work on the I-10 to Beltway 8 interchange.......about 3 months after I became a dad it did it on I-45 coming home from Dallas.......threw me from the right lane to the left lane at 75 mph......sold the truck 2 days later.....wife and kid weren't with me or we would have sold it in Buffalo TX i feel sure......well I'm back in an F250 and it hasn't started to do it.........yet.
texastkikker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2018, 10:39 AM   #26
Hooked
Registered Users-pm+

Hooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to Pirate
Resurrection of this old thread of mine to advise of final resolution.

I FINALLY found the problem Saturday. I've been checking things periodically but everything appeared tight so haven't replaced parts yet. Saturday after helping SIL rebuild the differential in his van we decided to investigate my wobble problem. Again, everything appeared tight, steering, ball joints, wheel bearings, etc..........UNTIL he started the engine and turned the steering wheel with me under the truck. It was obvious immediately. The i beam mounting bracket for the drivers side i beam was VERY loose. The reason being one of the mounting bolts had sheared off and two others had loose nuts so only one bolt was still tight. Additionally, we discovered a small crack on the corner of the bracket where the bolt had sheared.

I am extremely lucky (guardian angel watching over me) this thing didn't break loose completely while hauling #&& on the highway. And, pretty dumb for not spending more time extensively investigating the problem before now. I've had my wife in the truck turning the steering wheel while I looked for problems but for some reason never had the truck running.

So, I hope folks use my dumbarse blunder as a lesson to not let problems go. This could have been a real disaster had the bracket failed at the wrong time.

I'm prepared for the beating I have coming.
Hooked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2018, 11:38 AM   #27
fy0834
Somewhere in the woods

fy0834 has been promoted to Piratefy0834 has been promoted to Piratefy0834 has been promoted to Piratefy0834 has been promoted to Piratefy0834 has been promoted to Piratefy0834 has been promoted to Piratefy0834 has been promoted to Piratefy0834 has been promoted to Piratefy0834 has been promoted to Piratefy0834 has been promoted to Piratefy0834 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked View Post

I am extremely lucky (guardian angel watching over me)

I'm prepared for the beating I have coming.
Glad you had a good outcome...
fy0834 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2018, 07:30 AM   #28
cva34
Registered Users-pm+

cva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Pirate
It was a slow find..But you never gave up...Thats what counts...

Glad ya got it resolved
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2018, 09:20 AM   #29
texcajun
Registered Users-pm+

texcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Piratetexcajun has been promoted to Pirate
Just a few days ago I was headed down the Hardy Toll road and saw what appeared to be a new(ish) F-250 that appeared fairly stock hit a pot hole. Those front tires wobbled fairly excessively from what I could see. It looked like a harmonic vibration. There is no way that fella couldn't feel that in his steering wheel. Sounds like this could be an ongoing issue for Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak a Tak View Post
I saw it first hand on Beltway 8 the other day. White F250 6.7, looked like 35" tires. He went from 75 to 55 real quick, and it almost looked like the wheels were gonna come off. Thought he was having a tire come apart. Few minutes later he passed me going 75 again, guessing something might have touched cotton.
texcajun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message