2011 Ford Super Duty F-550 DRW 4WD - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2018, 01:23 PM   #1
RLwhaler
Registered Users-pm+

RLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to Pirate
2011 Ford Super Duty F-550 DRW 4WD

Fellas,
I found me a really cool rig. ( 2011 Ford Super Duty F-550 DRW 4WD...6.7 diesel Motor)

Need ya'll straight forward advice on this 6.7 diesel motor. My very first time venturing out of the 7.3 's . Also, How's the tranny in these years?

TIA,

RL
RLwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #2
TxMav
Registered Users-pm+

TxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to Pirate
Just from what I've read on the Ford forums, the 2011 is the least reliable of the 6.7's. I'm sure many have done just fine but when that question is asked, the answer you'll get most is to shy away from 2011. I don't have a 6.7, i have a 6.0 and I won't consider a 2011 6.7.
For example:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...t-a-6-7-a.html

Good luck though.
TxMav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2018, 02:40 PM   #3
j4577
Registered Users-pm+

j4577 has been promoted to Piratej4577 has been promoted to Piratej4577 has been promoted to Piratej4577 has been promoted to Piratej4577 has been promoted to Piratej4577 has been promoted to Piratej4577 has been promoted to Piratej4577 has been promoted to Piratej4577 has been promoted to Piratej4577 has been promoted to Piratej4577 has been promoted to Pirate
I can't speak for many others, but I have a 2011 purchased in May 2010 and it has never been in the shop except for brake pads and serpentine belt, other than normal fluid and filter changes. My Dad has a 2011 also and had a sensor on exhaust go out but was covered by recall and no other problems.
j4577 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
Texashookset
second to the last....

Texashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to Pirate
^^^ this is true for the 11’ 6.7. We’ve had three (two 350’s and be 450) and one was a pos motor wise and like all dealers, fleet warranties are almost a joke as they know you u don’t want to dump one off for a month before they even look at it since if it’s not major dollars our mechanic will just fix it. We deleted one of the one tins and 450 and they both have been good trucks with both over 200k mikes on them now. Buy a 12’ to cover your butt just in case if you can.
Texashookset is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2018, 01:09 AM   #5
RLwhaler
Registered Users-pm+

RLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to PirateRLwhaler has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks fellas !
RLwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message