RV Slide-Out Only Moves in One Direction - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Camping out and RV Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2018, 10:44 AM   #11
TheKodiak
Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast...

TheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I started to loosen from what I'm guessing was the check valve, and the fluid started oozing out. The fluid was clear, but I noticed small fine metal shavings mixed in. I also noticed the actuator moving, but it would stop when it makes contact with the slide out. I inspected everything, and still no leaks. Thanks for the information.
TheKodiak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2018, 04:11 PM   #12
TheKodiak
Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast...

TheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Latest news. I removed the hydraulic lines from the pump, and attached a short clear tube to both elbows on the pump. When I started the pump, I noticed fluid going in both directions while pressing "in" then "out". Seeing no possible clogs. I swapped the lines, still nothing. After reinstalling the lines in the correct order. I went under the rv to get a better visual of the cylinder. No leaks of any kind, nor any hang-ups. In attempt to remove the cylinder. I tried to remove the nut that pulls the slideout in and saw the shaft rotating. So I figured I'd try the switch again. It slid out about an inch before it stopped. So I went back and rotated it about ten times. Went back in a tried the switch, the doggone thing started working again, of course slowly.

Which brings me to the next question. Could it be the cylinder that's starting to fail, rather than the pump? Thanks Gents...
TheKodiak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message