New (to me) Portable Sawmill - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Wood Turning & Wood Working Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2019, 07:04 AM   #11
kodman1
Registered Users-pm+

kodman1 has been promoted to Piratekodman1 has been promoted to Piratekodman1 has been promoted to Piratekodman1 has been promoted to Piratekodman1 has been promoted to Piratekodman1 has been promoted to Piratekodman1 has been promoted to Piratekodman1 has been promoted to Piratekodman1 has been promoted to Piratekodman1 has been promoted to Piratekodman1 has been promoted to Pirate
Do you have any mesquite slabs? I'm wanting to build a 7' mesquite table.
kodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2019, 07:06 AM   #12
SetDaHook
Whoever invented work couldn't fish

SetDaHook has been promoted to PirateSetDaHook has been promoted to PirateSetDaHook has been promoted to PirateSetDaHook has been promoted to PirateSetDaHook has been promoted to PirateSetDaHook has been promoted to PirateSetDaHook has been promoted to PirateSetDaHook has been promoted to PirateSetDaHook has been promoted to PirateSetDaHook has been promoted to PirateSetDaHook has been promoted to Pirate
Man, I am so jealous!! That's some beautiful wood for future tables, benches, or whatever. I make live edge furniture, fireplace mantels, etc. for customers, and it's hard to find a mill that is reasonable and has the stuff I want.

If you ever want to sell some slabs, let me know!
SetDaHook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 08:15 AM   #13
cubera
Registered Users-pm+

cubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Pirate
How about a pic of the mill itself.
cubera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 02:24 PM   #14
High_Water
Registered Users-pm+

High_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubera View Post
How about a pic of the mill itself.
Here it is.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
High_Water is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2019, 11:04 AM   #15
BayouBonsaiMan
Registered Users-pm+

BayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to Pirate
Very sweet piece of machinery! Thanks for posting!
BayouBonsaiMan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2019, 03:58 PM   #16
jm423
Registered Users-pm+

jm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Pirate
Are you going to put in any provision for drying other than stickering and let nature take her course? As above here you have a potential gold mine on your hands (but keep hands out of it!!)
jm423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2019, 01:15 PM   #17
High_Water
Registered Users-pm+

High_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of RiggerHigh_Water has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm423 View Post
Are you going to put in any provision for drying other than stickering and let nature take her course? As above here you have a potential gold mine on your hands (but keep hands out of it!!)

Right now I have most of my wood stacked in a shipping container that I'm using as a makeshift kiln with a dehumidifier and fans set up. Its not ideal but it works fairly well and the stuff I have cut seems to be drying well with not much checking. My plan is to one day build solar kiln in a better location similar to the Virginia Tech kiln (https://www.pubs.ext.vt.edu/content/...20-030_pdf.pdf)
Old 09-13-2019, 01:04 PM   #18
High_Water
Registered Users-pm+

Mesquite and Mystery

First pic is mesquite, other pics are a mystery. They both came from the same stack of logs out of the Austin area and I was told most of it was mesquite but there could be some cedar or cypress mixed in, bud I didn't think those beetle larvae would affect cedar or cypress like that and it looks too light to be cedar or mesquite. Maybe the fungus that caused the spalting makes the wood lighter in color as well, not sure. Any ideas?
Attached Images