2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Gator vs Hobie

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Its Catchy 
#1 ·
So my mom was fishing with my step father and step son on hobies. She said they were in some redfish when they saw turtles. Thinking nothing of it she said all of a sudden she saw something bigger in front of her and then it got close and and it’s tail came out of the water. They think it bit her mirage drive because it’s all bent up. She said it was thrashing and moving the kayak all around doing barrel rolls under her. She somehow called him her 1st contact on the phone he drove up in about ten minutes. She said she was just trying to stay on the kayak and hit it with the paddle. When he showed up he let go and just went out a ways. They could still see him when he got there. End of the fishing trip. Christmas bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
We’ve been frequenting the kayak launch marsh area and I’ve gotten out of the yak a bunch with no problem just glad she is safe and need to have my wife make her a I survived shirt with a gator on it haha. Be safe all and good luck fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.