Peep sight help. . - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Bow Hunting Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2019, 12:47 PM   #1
tommy261
Registered Users-pm+

tommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Pirate
Peep sight help. .

So I am hunting my girlfriend's property in fayette county, and I think the hogs are becoming a problem... I enjoy shooting hogs as well as eating them. So my question is, in order to bow hunt after dark, what can I do to see my peep sight. I drew my bow back in the pop up thursday just before daylight, and couldnt find my peep very easy. These hogs are healthy.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
tommy261 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2019, 04:33 PM   #2
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Shoot instinctive. Peep useless after dark....

Lil practice and it will come to you.

If you must rely on peep get lighted sights, the largest aperture peep you can find, and a light on end of bow (or on your target shooting area).

But i think you will find shooting instinctive is much faster and more consistent than trying to find sight picture with peep and lights.....
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 05:16 PM   #3
tommy261
Registered Users-pm+

tommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Pirate
Steve, I have shot instinctively/traditional all my life....may just readjust to that.....remind me to show you some goose hunting photos with my recurve.

tommy261 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2019, 05:24 PM   #4
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Very cool. We hunted geese with our bows in college. Did well actually.

I never changed anything on my bow. It stayed set up with peep and sighted in etc. Just when it got dark
I aimed differently.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:08 AM   #5
Whitebassfisher
Retired opinionated old fart

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
Normally when you anchor properly, you will be looking though the peep. The pins are the problem, not the peep. If fiber optics don't have enough light to show up, you can add a tiny light to the pins area with a hearing aid battery or a pin that has a lighted tip.
Whitebassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2019, 08:30 AM   #6
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon thk u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebassfisher View Post
Normally when you anchor properly, you will be looking though the peep. The pins are the problem, not the peep. If fiber optics don't have enough light to show up, you can add a tiny light to the pins area with a hearing aid battery or a pin that has a lighted tip.
peeps are not a problem after dark, just need the light which is common on a lot of the sites these days. i'd do this before crippling an animal. the vital are a smaller target on pigs vs deer.

must be nice, living the dream, got a beautiful girl, and she has land to boot.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2019, 09:26 PM   #7
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
If you're pins are lit you can see your peepsight and the pins.

TH
Old 10-22-2019, 09:31 PM   #8
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

In the dark seeing lighted pins thru the peep is easy. That is not the problem. It is then trying to see anything of your target. It just doesnt work well in the dark on a dark animal and especially a herd of dark animals trying to pick a spot.. Not enough light to gather to make a good shot. Instinctive was always so much more efficient for me.

Unless it is full moon or lighted feeder area.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:55 AM   #9
Old sailor
Registered Users-pm+

Old sailor has been promoted to PirateOld sailor has been promoted to PirateOld sailor has been promoted to PirateOld sailor has been promoted to PirateOld sailor has been promoted to PirateOld sailor has been promoted to PirateOld sailor has been promoted to PirateOld sailor has been promoted to PirateOld sailor has been promoted to PirateOld sailor has been promoted to PirateOld sailor has been promoted to Pirate
Here is a peep sight I came across.
Attached Images

Old sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 09:46 AM   #10
NOFNSUZIES
Registered Users-pm+

NOFNSUZIES has been promoted to PirateNOFNSUZIES has been promoted to PirateNOFNSUZIES has been promoted to PirateNOFNSUZIES has been promoted to PirateNOFNSUZIES has been promoted to PirateNOFNSUZIES has been promoted to PirateNOFNSUZIES has been promoted to PirateNOFNSUZIES has been promoted to PirateNOFNSUZIES has been promoted to PirateNOFNSUZIES has been promoted to PirateNOFNSUZIES has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy261 View Post
So I am hunting my girlfriend's property in fayette county, and I think the hogs are becoming a problem... I enjoy shooting hogs as well as eating them. So my question is, in order to bow hunt after dark, what can I do to see my peep sight. I drew my bow back in the pop up thursday just before daylight, and couldnt find my peep very easy. These hogs are healthy. [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-

If you are like me, it's not necessarily your peep, but finding your pin housing on your site that is making night shooting more difficult. I found this light(link below) that I mounted on my riser and aimed it at my site housing and it worked perfectly. Eventually, I shot enough at night where I could shoot with just my pin lights, but it took me a while and a lot of practice to get there.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I agree with what sgrem said also... a black or dark colored pig against a thick woodline or dark background on a new moon is going to make for a tricky shot no matter what method you use. Good luck. Post your results.
NOFNSUZIES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message