Braided fishing line for bow cable - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Bow Hunting Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #1
BullyARed
Registered Users-pm+

BullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to Pirate
Braided fishing line for bow cable

My bow cable broke and I am thinking about making one out of braided fishing line. I think if I braid four lines Power Pro at 80lbs each, it will give me 320lbs and this should be strong enough for bow cable. fool idea?
BullyARed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #2
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Very fool idea....
Got to a bow shop and get what you need before your limbs explode and send pieces of bow and arrow into your arms....
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2018, 08:57 PM   #3
catfishinbeerdrinkin
runnin lines and killin time

catfishinbeerdrinkin has been promoted to Piratecatfishinbeerdrinkin has been promoted to Piratecatfishinbeerdrinkin has been promoted to Piratecatfishinbeerdrinkin has been promoted to Piratecatfishinbeerdrinkin has been promoted to Piratecatfishinbeerdrinkin has been promoted to Piratecatfishinbeerdrinkin has been promoted to Piratecatfishinbeerdrinkin has been promoted to Piratecatfishinbeerdrinkin has been promoted to Piratecatfishinbeerdrinkin has been promoted to Piratecatfishinbeerdrinkin has been promoted to Pirate
Definitely no bueno

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
catfishinbeerdrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2018, 01:41 PM   #4
PRIMETIME PLUGGER
Dirty 30 club

PRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to PiratePRIMETIME PLUGGER has been promoted to Pirate
LOl, you cant be serious?
PRIMETIME PLUGGER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #5
Main Frame 8
Don't ask if you don't want the truth.

Main Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullyARed View Post
My bow cable broke and I am thinking about making one out of braided fishing line. I think if I braid four lines Power Pro at 80lbs each, it will give me 320lbs and this should be strong enough for bow cable. fool idea?

Only if you're looking to quickly lose interest in this new hobby.
Main Frame 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2018, 03:05 PM   #6
Jbird77
Registered Users-pm+

Jbird77 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Please do not do this. A new cable isn't that expensive.
Jbird77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2018, 11:27 PM   #7
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
It's all made out out of similar material.. and it's not hard.. but what is hard is getting the lengths right and that includes yokes.. miss it and it'll be out of tune for ever. There are some good shops that's all they do is make hi performance cables out of Dynema and similar materials.

Here's a couple shops that have good reputations
http://catfishcustombowstrings.com/shop/44957
https://www.hogwirehunt.com/products/
https://twistedxbowstrings.com

These guys will make what ever material and color you want and it'll be right...