2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Rigging Another Jet Ski For Fishing

7K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Kelsea 
#1 ·
A little over a month ago I bought a 2000 Sea Doo LRV. I have rigged a couple of Yamaha SUV 1200's the last couple of years so this time I thought I would try a different one. The LRV is actually a little bigger than my SUV.

Yamaha SUV

Length 151.6"
Width 59.5 "
Weight 816 lbs
Fuel 18.5 gals
Storage 117 gals
Engine 1200cc,3 cly, 2 stroke 135hp

Sea Doo LRV

Length 155.5"
Width 61.5"
Weight 960 lbs
Fuel 25 gals
Storage 180 gals
Engine 951cc, 2cly, 2 stroke 130hp

So it is bigger with more storage and fuel capacity, it also has a large platform over the rear wing compartments. The horse power is comparable. They are both considered 4 person PWC's. Most of the time it will be just me on it so no matter how I rig it weight will not be an issue.
I am going to rig it for fishing and diving. The pipework will be similar to my yamaha but I know I want to try some different things as well. That is the great thing about custom fabrication, I can have things put exactly where I want. I plan on Albert of Martins Custom Structures in Gloucester Va. doing the work. He does excellent welding and give me a lot great ideas.
It is all in the planning stages now but I am always open to suggestions, so if anyone thinks I should try something specific,let me know. Here are some pictures of the Sea Doo LRV. I have already cleaned it up, removed all of the factory decals and put a couple coats of wax on it.I am also showing some pictures of the two Yamaha SUV's that I already have rigged.

See less See more
#12 ·
Without the GPS...would you share how much that metal work costs...always some cheap skis on craigslist....you can PM me if that's better for you:flag:

Oh an BTW SWEEET SETUP. I bet people are always snapping shots of her when shes in the water and your tossing the fish onto the dock:cheers::cheers:

#13 ·
The red Yamaha SUV was about $600 when I first started. I later had Albert add the leaning post. Then last year a couple more rod holders and hand rail. total pipe work and rod holders is about $1600. The one with the windshield is a lot more extensive, I have about $2600 in that one. Not including electronics, coolers, fuel tanks batteries, ect.

#14 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.