Croaker Rod?? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Rod building forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2019, 09:05 PM   #1
POCLANCE
Registered Users-pm+

POCLANCE has been promoted to PiratePOCLANCE has been promoted to PiratePOCLANCE has been promoted to PiratePOCLANCE has been promoted to PiratePOCLANCE has been promoted to PiratePOCLANCE has been promoted to PiratePOCLANCE has been promoted to PiratePOCLANCE has been promoted to PiratePOCLANCE has been promoted to PiratePOCLANCE has been promoted to PiratePOCLANCE has been promoted to Pirate
Croaker Rod??

What is a good croaker rod? Length, stiffness, action...etc?
POCLANCE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2019, 09:16 PM   #2
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
I think a 7’6” Medium to Medium Heavy power, moderate fast to fast action would be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
johnsons1480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2019, 08:12 AM   #3
[email protected]

Allan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsons1480 View Post
I think a 7’6” Medium to Medium Heavy power, moderate fast to fast action would be good

That it!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
979-341-9353 Clute
Allan@Seekfishing.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2019, 12:55 AM   #4
Big Bay
Registered Users-pm+

Big Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to Pirate
Some people like a little more limber rod for slinging croaker. I know one guy that uses a 8’ super soft tip rod for wading with croaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2019, 03:13 PM   #5
MikeK
Registered Users-pm+

MikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsons1480 View Post

What are the size of the croaker? How are they hooked? Is it easy to sling them off the hook?

I very rarely fish anything other than lures and tend towards extra fast actions. This past week I went on a trip that I thought was to be artificials but it ended up being live bait for 25-35" reds. The rod I took handled the fish OK but I slung a few baits off and never felt comfortable trying to slow down my cast. Can you recommend any specific blanks?

Thanks!
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 09:39 PM   #6
FTAC03
Registered Users-pm+

FTAC03 has been promoted to PirateFTAC03 has been promoted to PirateFTAC03 has been promoted to PirateFTAC03 has been promoted to PirateFTAC03 has been promoted to PirateFTAC03 has been promoted to PirateFTAC03 has been promoted to PirateFTAC03 has been promoted to PirateFTAC03 has been promoted to PirateFTAC03 has been promoted to PirateFTAC03 has been promoted to Pirate
A Batson IP903 is a good choice. FTU has a Batson 955 I think. Pretty nice blank also.
FTAC03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 09:44 PM   #7
MikeK
Registered Users-pm+

MikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to PirateMikeK has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTAC03 View Post
A Batson IP903 is a good choice. FTU has a Batson 955 I think. Pretty nice blank also.
Thank you!
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2019, 03:44 PM   #8
ccoker
Registered Users-pm+

ccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunnerccoker has been promote to Gunner
Waterloo Salinity 7'6 medium heavy moderate works great for croaker

also soft plastics and smaller top waters, great rod
ccoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2019, 03:54 PM   #9
deano77511
Registered Users-pm+

deano77511 has been promoted to Piratedeano77511 has been promoted to Piratedeano77511 has been promoted to Piratedeano77511 has been promoted to Piratedeano77511 has been promoted to Piratedeano77511 has been promoted to Piratedeano77511 has been promoted to Piratedeano77511 has been promoted to Piratedeano77511 has been promoted to Piratedeano77511 has been promoted to Piratedeano77511 has been promoted to Pirate
Give Bobby Reed with Marsh Rat rods call, he makes a real good one !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
deano77511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #10
captain sandbar
Registered Users-pm+

captain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Piratecaptain sandbar has been promoted to Pirate
croaker rod

Lance, as we discussed, I've built a couple of rods recently aimed at croaker fishing. I've made a total of three using the SP842 blank - which is 7 ft long. the one in the pics below (sorry for the quality of the pics) is representative. 12 stainless recoil guides starting at a size 10 and down to a 6, and a nice tip top. it has winn grips (split) and a standard Fuji reel seat. and 4 markings for size, 2 grey at 15 and 25, and two red at 20 and 28. I really like this blank and it works extremely well for sailing croakers. It also works rather well for soft plastics and tops, but for comparison purposes, I recently built a UT themed rod for my son on an sp843. It is a much better top water rod, but less so throwing smaller croakers. hope this helps you.
Attached Images

captain sandbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message