HUK fishing shirts? whats ur opinion - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #1
sabiki
Registered Users-pm+

sabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Pirate
HUK fishing shirts? whats ur opinion

Fished most of the day Friday...sunup to about 2:00. I was given one of these shirts as a gift...teal/green color. it just about cooked me like a dang sausage-- took it off as soon as I got to dock and put on a reg. cotton t-shirt instantly felt better-- but I guess I looked cool wearing it. opinions?
sabiki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 10:19 AM   #2
impulse
'81 Aggie

impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
Gotta admit, I don't own a Huk. Never understood the appeal of sporting some else's logo on my attire even for free, much less paying extra for that logo.

But I do own a lot of synthetic fiber fishing shirts along with a lot of cotton fishing shirts- may of them famous brands.

The synthetics feel hotter initially, but they wick sweat away and it evaporates a lot faster than the cotton shirts. So, hours after a synthetic shirt is dry and comfortable again, the cotton shirt is still clammy and wet.

I guess it comes down to personal preference, but for me- 100% cotton feels best. Until I start sweating up a storm. Then it's the synthetics.

Are Huks really that different from Columbia, Magellan, Simms, etc? If so, how?
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
Blk Jck 224
Good Things Come To Those Who Wade

Blk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to Pirate
I don't know if your shirt was, but I find the polyester long sleeve shirts cooler than cotton short sleeve shirts...They breathe better for me...Once a cotton shirt gets sweatty on me it is over...The polyester dries fast and seems to wick the sweat away...Now if it was 102* with no wind, then you are gonna be hot even if you were nekkid
Blk Jck 224 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 11:57 AM   #4
Bayoutalker
Registered Users-pm+

Bayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to Pirate
I don't have any Huk shirts but I wear Columbias, Red Head, Worldwide Sportsman, Magellan, etc every day and I really like them. I like the way air flows through the vents.

Cliff
Bayoutalker is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #5
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
I have a couple Huks, to me they're about the same as a UA or Columbia poly T. I prefer my Simms long sleeve to yhe rest, but dang it gets hot when I get out of the water this time of year.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #6
Doppler
Registered Users-pm+

Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Doppler has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
My opinion is that they spend a lot of money marketing, not sure their quality is higher than anyone else. There are plenty of good performance shirts out there from local companies like Fishstix, Landers, ChickenBoy, monsta, Frio, Lagune Madre. I recommend supporting your Texas companies not HUK which is from South Carolina...Academy take note.

Last edited by Doppler; 08-11-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Doppler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 01:00 PM   #7
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabiki View Post
Fished most of the day Friday...sunup to about 2:00. I was given one of these shirts as a gift...teal/green color. it just about cooked me like a dang sausage-- took it off as soon as I got to dock and put on a reg. cotton t-shirt instantly felt better-- but I guess I looked cool wearing it. opinions?
Yup. I have a few.. I love the way they look, but I don't really wear them fishing as I don't see the benefit. Columbia or Magellan does fine.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 01:38 PM   #8
sabiki
Registered Users-pm+

sabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Piratesabiki has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2429 View Post
Yup. I have a few.. I love the way they look, but I don't really wear them fishing as I don't see the benefit. Columbia or Magellan does fine.
yessir-- gonna stick with Columbia/ Magellan-- I like the long sleeved ones.

my "HUK fishing shirt" is about to be converted to a "HUK deer hunting undershirt" to be worn under my good ole wrangler pearl snaps.
sabiki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 01:11 PM   #9
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon lol

they remind me of salt water soul, all i can say is excellent job of marketing. regardless of what everyone says, it's all about the money. there is a sucker bore every minute, then there is the guy that capilizes on them. i wasn't born in the ocean so i don't think my soul is salty, and i'm difinitely not big enough to be Huk Hogan. however this sucker advertises for Simms. it's the quality of the shirt, not who you advertise for. i'm not a huker, so haven't bothered to look at the quality. and in all reality, I'm too tight to buy Simms, so my better half stocks me up on their gear for christmas, birthdays, etc. it all comes out of one kitty, but out of site out of mind.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #10
GooseCommanderozz
Registered Users-pm+

GooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to PirateGooseCommanderozz has been promoted to Pirate
The thing about Huk shirts, at least from what I’ve found because I have a couple of them, is you MUST have a breeze blowing. If there’s not any wind, they are really hot to wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GooseCommanderozz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message