2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Anybody been on the new Dolphin Express yet?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Marcos Domingues 
#1 ·
Tried to get on a 24 on the La Pesca (Which I don't really like, but the timing was good) to get in on the extended snapper season for my birthday.
Dolphin Docks however has changed the scheduled 24 to a 50, probably to take advantage of the I guess 3 limits of snapper being possible?
Can't swing the time or cash for that unfortunately.
So booked a 12 on 10/12 on the new Dolphin Express.

Appears to be captained by our own fisherman formerly know as "Coastal" :)

Anyway, anyone been on this boat?
Looks like from the pictures on their website it has no outside seating?
Also no outside shade?

I don't like to sit inside on a moving boat if I can help it, and just had my knee rebuilt this spring so hoping there is a place to sit at least while running..

Any comments or pic's of this boat would be appreciated...

Thanks!

CA (Steve):question:

See less See more
#2 ·
A couple of points. You can never have 3 limits of red snapper, no matter how long you are out. Also, the last I heard, Tim (Coastal) runs the old Dolphin Express, which is now the Capt Paul.

I looked at the New Dolphin Express pictures and bet it has outside seating, but why don't you ask Dolphin Docks.

#3 ·
Day One,
You are correct sir on both points.
That was a guess on the snapper limits...
And I talked to DD about the boats, I get all the Tim's confused down there.
Don't know why, I've known them forever..
Tim/Timmy on the DE
Tim Coastal on the Capt. Paul.

Looking at the pics, can't tell about the seating... Wife and daughter are down there this week, I'll send em by to take a look...

Thanks!

#7 ·
Thanks Mucho!
Video helps understand the layout a LOT!

#8 ·
If you have been on DDs other boats (dolphin, dolphin express, la pesca) it's night and day. We went out with with some 5 footers in the morning so we cruised around 12 knots - I hear it can do 18 - 20 though. We had 40 people max and there was plenty of room on the boat. 50 gal livewell stern and bow, 2 decks (they close off the top deck if its too rough), 2 bathrooms, and I didnt see any bunks - maybe they were down in the hull. The only thing that was discomforting was the AC could have blown alittle colder and the rock hard fastfood style benches they had inside the cabin - so id bring a pad or blanket. We had a good captain and crew - put alot of fish in the boat. I cant wait till they start doing tuna trips on this boat!

-Eddie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.