2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

White Blackjack

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  RUFcaptain 
#1 ·
Does anyone know why a man in a white Blackjack was detained by the Coast Guard by the ferry landing on the Bolivar side this morning? There were numerous sheriff deputies on shore as well. They had his boat tied to theirs as they went around the ferry landing where I couldn't see the outcome. Then our ferry took off headed towards Galveston. Then the Coast Guard passed us about mid channel without his boat and the person in the Blackjack was sitting behind the cabin of the Coast Guard boat with his arms behind his back as if he was in handcuffs. Just curious.

#2 ·
I saw what looked like an empty boat drifting in the area of the ferry channel and stopped to help. I told my group we cant leave him to be crushed by the ferry or smashed against the rocks. I couldnt understand all of what he needed or what happened but he was in bad shape. He hit something or tweaked his neck or back or something. He couldnt tell me clearly. He was crumbled up on his side near front deck and his anchor was dragging. He was headed to the rocks when i pulled up to get a guy on board to attach a tow line. I couldnt get what was wrong but knew we had to help him quick....we stayed with him till the CG showed up.

Evidently he got hurt, was just able to get anchor out but not set...and was able to call CG for help. Thats all i was able to determine.

I checked w CG after lunch and they said he had hurt his back bad.

His boat was still tied up near the yacht basin fuel dock when i left out for the day.

Did all i could do. Glad the CG showed up to help and i hope he recovers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.