Garden treats - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Home Gardening Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2019, 11:42 AM   #1
Mattsfishin
Registered Users-pm+

Mattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to Pirate
Garden treats

I enjoy eating out of the garden. When I need to get things done in the garden it is nice to have a treat. This time of year I have been eating raspberries. I know some of ya'll are like me and eat tomatoes and such right off the vine. These sure are good. What is your favorite treat to pick and eat fresh?
Attached Images

Mattsfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2019, 10:38 AM   #2
ocmarinetx
Registered Users-pm+

ocmarinetx is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I love to eat the cherry tomatoes and banana peppers right when I pick them.
ocmarinetx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2019, 05:42 PM   #3
jm423
Registered Users-pm+

jm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Pirate
Juliet tomatoes, satsumas, kumquats, any peach, ---. Mrs. Joe sometimes comments about all the harvest not getting into the house
jm423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2019, 07:17 AM   #4
Dick Hanks
Pike

Dick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to Pirate
That is a tough question Matt. So many things "fresh picked" are wonderful.

I guess, like you, that my raspberries and blueberries would probably be at the top of the list. In order would be my Boyne raspberries, then 7 varieties of blueberries, and last my Autumn Britten raspberries.

For veggies, Cherry tomatoes are 1st. They are sweeter than regular tomatoes, and are a perfect size. What I eat most often in the garden though is White Cucumbers. Especially in warm weather. Their skins have no bitterness, good flavor, crunch, and a great way to hydrate while working in the garden. They are incredibly productive for an entire (2.5 month) season.

Ripe "YumYum" Peppers are even sweeter than Cherry tomatoes and also a perfect size!

I have rain barrels next to the garden so I rinse off a lot of radishes and carrots too to eat there also.

Grazing is one of the best parts about having a garden!
Dick Hanks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2019, 07:28 AM   #5
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
Satsumas, blood oranges, spearmint. I like to cook and love to go out in the garden and get whatever it is I need for the recipe minutes before it gets put into the dish.
karstopo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2019, 06:18 PM   #6
Mattsfishin
Registered Users-pm+

Mattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to Pirate
Dick, Last year I did not have many carrots and none of them made it in the house. Like you said grazing is one of the best parts of having a garden.
Karstopo I like to pick fresh from the garden when cooking also. I cook scrambled eggs instead of omelets. I put fresh herbs, greens, onions and some times thinly sliced baby turnips in my eggs. Neighbor supplies me with fresh eggs.
Mattsfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message