2019-2020 Alligator gar bowfishing restrictions on most of Trinity River - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > Bow Fishing Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2019, 02:53 AM   #1
Sac-a-lait Trey
Semper Piscandi

Sac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to PirateSac-a-lait Trey has been promoted to Pirate
2019-2020 Alligator gar bowfishing restrictions on most of Trinity River

Haven't seen this posted here. Regulations go into effect September 1, 2019. The main two restrictions:

"Enact a 48-inch maximum length limit for alligator gar on the Trinity River from the I-30 bridge in Dallas downstream to the I-10 bridge in Chambers County, including the East Fork of the Trinity River upstream to the dam at Lake Ray Hubbard."

and

"Between one half-hour after sunset and one half-hour before sunrise, no person may take or possess an alligator gar by means of lawful archery equipment or crossbow on the Trinity River unless they have received a harvest authorization through the drawing system."

Copied-and-pasted from https://ccatexas.org/texas-parks-and...ation-changes/

(Apologies if this is a repost, etc.)
Sac-a-lait Trey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 04:29 PM   #2
Momma's Worry
Registered Users-pm+

Momma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to Pirate
that's why there are very few legal size black or white bass,crappie,striper or catfish in the "Port of Liberty" ....over run the A-Gars and Gators.......
Momma's Worry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2019, 02:17 PM   #3
Whitebassfisher
Retired opinionated old fart

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
This is just an opinion, but people I trust are indicating there are plenty of gar. I believe in the balance of nature, and don't really like seeing the aftermath of guys using bows and arrows on gar, but I am curious if this additional protection is needed now?

I am speaking of the Trinity only, and admit ignorance on other water sheds in this regard.
Whitebassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2019, 08:46 AM   #4
SeaOx 230C
Registered Users-pm+

SeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to Pirate
I have no issues with it at all. Every modern study done has shown that alligator gar are not major predators of any species of game fish, it's a myth that they harm game fish population.
SeaOx 230C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2019, 09:00 AM   #5
jetcycles
just another FNG!!!

jetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Pirate
I am likely the minority here...but I like alligator gar, mostly due to the fact that they've been on this earth in some form for 100 million years. Again, I'm likely the minority here, but I can't fathom shooting a gar and throwing it on the bank to rot. I do believe there are times to cull invasive species, for the record.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
jetcycles is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message