Trinity Bay - Page 4 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2020, 10:52 AM   #31
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon right

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zen Master View Post
Did someone say Jacks? Pound-for-pound the best fighting fish in the sea!

I wish I knew the from-shore/pier hot-spots for them around Galveston!
Zen they'll be in the spot I sent you, be careful with trout gear, they'll spool you real quick if you are stationary and can't pursue them after hooked up. most have to chase them in the boat to get their line back. they don't play reindeer games, they head straight to sea.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2020, 11:04 AM   #32
Capt_Gilligan
Trust me, I'm a professional.

Capt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyfisherman View Post
plantation-- is a neighborhood boat ramp that is private for residents only lots of folks launch there that don't actually live in there and local game wardens have started to crack down on that issue as well as cameras have been put up as well FYI
Buddy I was fishing with lives there so it’s a non-issue. Cotton lake can be quite treacherous though. Came in on an extremely low tide and the only water was in the channel.
Capt_Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2020, 06:44 AM   #33
The Zen Master
Registered Users-pm+

The Zen Master has been promoted to PirateThe Zen Master has been promoted to PirateThe Zen Master has been promoted to PirateThe Zen Master has been promoted to PirateThe Zen Master has been promoted to PirateThe Zen Master has been promoted to PirateThe Zen Master has been promoted to PirateThe Zen Master has been promoted to PirateThe Zen Master has been promoted to PirateThe Zen Master has been promoted to PirateThe Zen Master has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
Zen they'll be in the spot I sent you, be careful with trout gear, they'll spool you real quick if you are stationary and can't pursue them after hooked up. most have to chase them in the boat to get their line back. they don't play reindeer games, they head straight to sea.
That is my kind of fishing. I lived in Hawaii for 3-years - the Blue Jacks were awesome, and, if you can believe this, they were incredible eating too.

Best fighting fish there is IMHO.
The Zen Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2020, 01:23 AM   #34
imfishintoday
Registered Users-pm+

imfishintoday has been promoted to the rank of Riggerimfishintoday has been promoted to the rank of Riggerimfishintoday has been promoted to the rank of Riggerimfishintoday has been promoted to the rank of Riggerimfishintoday has been promoted to the rank of Riggerimfishintoday has been promoted to the rank of Riggerimfishintoday has been promoted to the rank of Riggerimfishintoday has been promoted to the rank of Riggerimfishintoday has been promoted to the rank of Riggerimfishintoday has been promoted to the rank of Riggerimfishintoday has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Be careful of floating logs in Trinity. Coming back to Anahauc ramp, spotted huge floater that would have been hard to see at first light.
imfishintoday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2020, 07:58 AM   #35
redexpress
Registered Users-pm+

redexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by imfishintoday View Post
Be careful of floating logs in Trinity. Coming back to Anahauc ramp, spotted huge floater that would have been hard to see at first light.
Yeah, we were there Sunday and saw 2 bad ones. Actually right across from each other. At low tide the smaller one was maybe 8" above water. The other one a bit bigger. Both would be almost impossible to see in the dark.
redexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2020, 09:06 AM   #36
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfishintoday View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redexpress View Post
Yeah, we were there Sunday and saw 2 bad ones. Actually right across from each other. At low tide the smaller one was maybe 8" above water. The other one a bit bigger. Both would be almost impossible to see in the dark.
thks guys, I'll be crossing from Eagle Point to Smith's Point in the dark. Should be fine crossing the channel, but when I get up north I'll keep an eye out. Like to be out of the boat, at Smith's first light. Will fish my way north to Jack's and the Anahuac pockets. Really looking forward to to fishing Trinity, been years.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2020, 10:18 PM   #37
jas415
Registered Users-pm+

jas415 has been promoted to Piratejas415 has been promoted to Piratejas415 has been promoted to Piratejas415 has been promoted to Piratejas415 has been promoted to Piratejas415 has been promoted to Piratejas415 has been promoted to Piratejas415 has been promoted to Piratejas415 has been promoted to Piratejas415 has been promoted to Piratejas415 has been promoted to Pirate
The Goo hole??

Some 40 years ago I launched behind a guide at the Goo Hole, quite a ride out to Trinity! Even more exciting coming back in and trying to follow by memory. First and last time. I dont even know if it exists now. Alsop used to launch at one on the north side of trinity about halfway from the spillway to the point. Closed now I think.
jas415 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #38
redexpress
Registered Users-pm+

redexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas415 View Post
Some 40 years ago I launched behind a guide at the Goo Hole, quite a ride out to Trinity! Even more exciting coming back in and trying to follow by memory. First and last time. I dont even know if it exists now. Alsop used to launch at one on the north side of trinity about halfway from the spillway to the point. Closed now I think.
Yep my fishing buddies and I used to launch at Gou Hole regularly. After launching get on plane ASAP. Don't let the Q Beam get you disoriented and run right over the 3" wood post channel marker. LOL
It's been awhile since I looked but it was still there.
redexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2020, 03:55 PM   #39
Fishin' Trip
Registered Users-pm+

Fishin' Trip has been promoted to PirateFishin' Trip has been promoted to PirateFishin' Trip has been promoted to PirateFishin' Trip has been promoted to PirateFishin' Trip has been promoted to PirateFishin' Trip has been promoted to PirateFishin' Trip has been promoted to PirateFishin' Trip has been promoted to PirateFishin' Trip has been promoted to PirateFishin' Trip has been promoted to PirateFishin' Trip has been promoted to Pirate
yesterday and today would have been perfect afternoons out on Trinity.....except work (good problem) got in the way as well as truck back in shop for 3rd time (bad problem)

hope some of y'all were able to get out
Fishin' Trip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2020, 04:50 PM   #40
poppadawg
Registered Users-pm+

poppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Piratepoppadawg has been promoted to Pirate
I’m going to try to get out to Trinity on Saturday. Wonder if the East wind will screw up the water color?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
poppadawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message