Port O Connor - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Texas Tarpon
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2020, 11:06 PM   #1
Hawglife
Registered Users-pm+

Hawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to Pirate
Port O Connor

Hey y'all trying to line up a trip to mess around out at POC jetties to try and hook into (and catch) some silver kings. My question is mainly in yalls experience, what's a good time of year to try and target them out there, what do yall typically look for, and any specific lures or baits yall choose and why?

TIA

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Hawglife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2020, 10:12 PM   #2
Bill C
Registered Users-pm+

Bill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to Pirate
I only fished Port O once and we fished the passes but I’ll give you my thoughts for whatever they’re worth based on lots of time at the Port A jetties.

For lures to throw I would suggest large silver spoons, DOA Mullet, 5” Storm Wildeye swim lures in golden mullet during the day and sardine color at night. Fish them down in the water column.

For bait I would suggest live 5-6” mullet, live pogies, or even live jumbo shrimp free-lined in the current. If the tide is ripping you might want to add some weight above the leader to help hold them down in the current.

Speaking of current, I’ve never done any good on slack tide so make sure you have some water movement. I’ve found just before and just after slack tide to be good.

Good luck and let us know how you do.
Bill C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2020, 12:17 PM   #3
Doc Bill
Registered Users-pm+

Doc Bill is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I've also had some luck with the crabs, either blue or marsh, that flow out on the tide. Free line them and use a circle hook and some weight to get it down, not on the bottom, in the column. Big reds like this setup, so don't be surprised if some of them hit.
Doc Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2020, 02:20 PM   #4
Momma's Worry
Registered Users-pm+

Momma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to PirateMomma's Worry has been promoted to Pirate
I know for a fact that there are Tarpon that run up and down the jetties ,channel side,chasing pods of full grown mullet......largest I have seen were about 4' long ......mullet will jump into the rocks to get away when the Tarpon strikes into the pod ....
Momma's Worry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2020, 05:49 PM   #5
Popperdave
Registered Users-pm+

Popperdave has been promoted to PiratePopperdave has been promoted to PiratePopperdave has been promoted to PiratePopperdave has been promoted to PiratePopperdave has been promoted to PiratePopperdave has been promoted to PiratePopperdave has been promoted to PiratePopperdave has been promoted to PiratePopperdave has been promoted to PiratePopperdave has been promoted to PiratePopperdave has been promoted to Pirate
Tarpon are there from June through October unless the water gets cold early.
Popperdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2020, 10:28 PM   #6
Hawglife
Registered Users-pm+

Hawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for all the input yall, decided to do more research and try next year!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Hawglife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 07:46 AM   #7
mlikajeski

mlikajeski is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
The Washington D.C. based environmental working group identified 37 utilities serving

The Washington D.C. based environmental working group identified 37 utilities serving nearly 25,000 Texans in violation of federal standards for clean water. The San Antonio Bay partnership and Allan Berger, the Chairman Board of Directors for this organization arranged a day for volunteers to go out and clean up all the pollutants near Port O’ Connor’s Matagorda Bay. Sonalika tractor
mlikajeski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message