Flushing motor - Page 4 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2020, 02:46 PM   #31
Sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

Sgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to Pirate
His title and his question is flushing.
Sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2020, 03:28 PM   #32
Rockfish2
Registered Users-pm+

Rockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
Reading is fundamental.
Rockfish2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2020, 08:27 PM   #33
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon more specifically flushing with soap

Quote:
I'm from old school, just hook the water hose up and flush, nothing added. back in the day I would run the motor while flushing, but the E-Tec is designed to flush without running the motor. but my motor gets a 7 to 10 minute fresh water flush 100% of the time, just as the boat and trailer get a through spray down 100% of the time. I can't ever recall not doing either after a trip, except a very rare exception when out of town, but even then it gets both.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2020, 09:25 PM   #34
Davidsel47
Registered Users-pm+

Davidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to Pirate
I used to just flush through the hose but someone told me to run it as well to open the water pump. Any truth to that?
Davidsel47 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2020, 10:09 PM   #35
Sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

Sgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Yes and no. It needs to run up to temperature to open the THERMOSTAT.

Some motors can run on hose hook up. Some can only run on the lower unit water cups. Check manual for proper flush procedure there.
Sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2020, 05:58 AM   #36
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
I flush after every saltwater trip (and wash the boat too). I put ear muffs on the lower end, turn hose on and start the motor and let it run for ~10 minutes. I like hearing the awesome sound of my Merc 225 2-stroke fire up on the hose. Braap!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2020, 08:25 AM   #37
Capt.MJ
Registered Users-pm+

Capt.MJ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Yes and no. It needs to run up to temperature to open the THERMOSTAT.

Some motors can run on hose hook up. Some can only run on the lower unit water cups. Check manual for proper flush procedure there.
^^This.. Most of the time my motor is still hot enough when I get home that the thermostats are open (short trip from the ramp to the house). If you hook up the hose and the water coming out of the tattle tell is still pretty warm when you start flushing, you're good. If its been sitting a while, you may need to bring it up to temp. With the T-stat closed you're not circulating water through all of the passes.
Capt.MJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2020, 08:29 PM   #38
Davidsel47
Registered Users-pm+

Davidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.MJ View Post
^^This.. Most of the time my motor is still hot enough when I get home that the thermostats are open (short trip from the ramp to the house). If you hook up the hose and the water coming out of the tattle tell is still pretty warm when you start flushing, you're good. If its been sitting a while, you may need to bring it up to temp. With the T-stat closed you're not circulating water through all of the passes.
Thks for the tip, I always am surprised when I get to the house and the water is still hot when I flush. Im right at 50 minutes from ramp to the house.
Davidsel47 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2020, 09:44 AM   #39
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon ??

i'd like to see the internals of a flushed motor versus a no flush motor, and see if there's a difference. and i flush cold no motor start, does this matter???

Maybe Ronnie can we chime in and we can get an expert opinion.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2020, 11:56 AM   #40
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
i'd like to see the internals of a flushed motor versus a no flush motor, and see if there's a difference. and i flush cold no motor start, does this matter???

Maybe Ronnie can we chime in and we can get an expert opinion.
Ronnie has chimed in on this before. On an Etec, just hook up a hose and flush, motor doesn't have to be running. Idk about Yamaha.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message