Craftsman/Atlas Lathe - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > DIY (Do it yourself) forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2018, 03:38 PM   #11
therealbigman
Registered Users-pm+

therealbigman has been promoted to Piratetherealbigman has been promoted to Piratetherealbigman has been promoted to Piratetherealbigman has been promoted to Piratetherealbigman has been promoted to Piratetherealbigman has been promoted to Piratetherealbigman has been promoted to Piratetherealbigman has been promoted to Piratetherealbigman has been promoted to Piratetherealbigman has been promoted to Piratetherealbigman has been promoted to Pirate
Nice job Wado .

I ran across a bunch of tiny taps a few months back , maybe I'll find them when I start getting things together .

I haven't forgot about ya , just been getting sidetracked .

therealbigman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #12
Wado
Registered Users-pm+

Wado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyeaux View Post
Wado, you got way too much time on your hands.
And my time ain't paying the bills. I used to make money cranking on one of these things but now it's just a past time. You guys left plenty of doves for next year in Frio County. Been seeing lots of turkeys too. That was a heck of a rain opening day and we haven't gotten that much all winter. Pretty green right now though, I poured two inches out of the gauge Saturday when we got there and I believe we got a little more. I have already spent more on that old lathe than it cost from Sears and Roebuck new.
Wado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2018, 08:03 AM   #13
daddyeaux
Cajun 2 da Bone

daddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Pirate
Man, you are right about that rain. I pulled two cars out of the field and the guide pulled a truck out. We almost didn't make it out, you had to have a 4 wheel drive. But we will be back this year to try again. Glad you guys are getting some rain, you need it.
daddyeaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2018, 10:24 AM   #14
Wado
Registered Users-pm+

Wado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to Pirate
Ram Extension

I turned another extension for the loading press ram. I used all the new tools this time but the new knurling tool has a wheel out of round or something wrong. I might look into a scissor style if they make one for a small tool post. The one I used back when I worked for ATD ran a lot truer. I probably put an hour into this piece and the Harrison CNC lathe at the shop I worked in would have cut the profile in about 45 seconds using a grooving turning tool. The knurl might have taken a minute or so just because you had to manually turn the quad post to the knurl tool and push a couple of buttons.
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2018, 02:35 PM   #15
Wado
Registered Users-pm+

Trigger Shoe

About three months ago I ordered a trigger shoe for my 513 Matchmaster 22 rifle from Taylor Manufacturing or also known as Tomahawk Grips. Old company in Oklahoma that has apparently been handed down to the owners heirs. After a few weeks I got a little suspicious and did some internet snooping and found they were still making stuff just slow to ship. I got a wild hair and decided to try and make one on my lathe. Just a cylinder with a groove the same width as the trigger and some shallow grooves inside the cylinder for a better grip. The hard part was drilling the 4-40 set screws that hold it on in my old drill press but I pulled it off. Fitting was done with a belt sander and a file and it turned out pretty good. Wouldn't you know about a week after I made it the one I ordered showed up. They are almost identical in size the Taylor being just a bit smaller and rounder. Theirs is cast bronze and mine is machined aluminum but I have tried both and decided to leave the bronze one on, kind of pimps the rifle up being gold . Some pictures of mine.
Attached Images