A different kind of smoker build - Page 10 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > DIY (Do it yourself) forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2017, 11:36 PM   #91
3GENTS_Fishing
a family of gentleman fisherman....

3GENTS_Fishing has been promoted to Pirate3GENTS_Fishing has been promoted to Pirate3GENTS_Fishing has been promoted to Pirate3GENTS_Fishing has been promoted to Pirate3GENTS_Fishing has been promoted to Pirate3GENTS_Fishing has been promoted to Pirate3GENTS_Fishing has been promoted to Pirate3GENTS_Fishing has been promoted to Pirate3GENTS_Fishing has been promoted to Pirate3GENTS_Fishing has been promoted to Pirate3GENTS_Fishing has been promoted to Pirate
So just spitbaling, how does this compare to Oklahoma Joes?

Amazing work!
3GENTS_Fishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #92
sleepersilverado
Registered Users-pm+

sleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Pirate
If you are referring to a traditional offset smoker then I don't know. Hell I dont know how it compares to anything yet. Maybe jtburf can answer that.

I started participating in cookoffs at the age of 13, participated in the hlsr cookoff for 15 years. With teams that used anything from a traditional off set smoker to a commercial rotisserie pit.

What I do know is I am not interested in a bunch of baby sitting any more. The whole goals here is to make something I can fire up and leave alone. With an offset you generally end up with a hot spot. Not a big deal but you have to make sure you jockey your meat. My goal is to have consistency through out the cabinet and consistency over the course of the burn. If I can achieve that I should produce a better, more consistent product.

Easy bake oven.
sleepersilverado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2017, 08:29 AM   #93
jtburf
Back in da Saddle

jtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Pirate
Okay, since Silverado asked I will answer.

When using any brand of offset smoker, or stick burner no matter the name you are always going to have sap wood tar issues.

The gravity feed is a much cleaner smoke, sometimes you can barely see any smoke coming out of the flew pipe. I actually add a small amount of wood chip as I am loading the chute on mine to impart just a touch of darkness. These smokers are what I call the Ron Propell smoker, set it and forget it. With a guru or PIP controller the small fan cycles on and off as the temp calls for it. I can get almost 24 hours on unattended smoking out of mine.

Here are pictures of gravity feed smoked meats.
Attached Images

Last edited by jtburf; 01-20-2017 at 08:38 AM.
jtburf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2018, 01:04 AM   #94
T3XX
Registered Users-pm+

T3XX is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Just found this thread! Great work and cool project. Hoping this baby is ready to smoke for football season?!

-Colin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
T3XX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2018, 11:21 PM   #95
sleepersilverado
Registered Users-pm+

sleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Pirate
Unfortunately it is not done and won’t be done by then.
Lots of life changes that I am having to take care of. Hopefully by the end of they year I will have all my things running smoother where I am not doing company projects on weekends but working on my own stuff. I will up date and show final results when I start working on it again.
sleepersilverado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2018, 01:08 PM   #96
DCUnger
AKA - Thread Killer

DCUnger has been promoted to PirateDCUnger has been promoted to PirateDCUnger has been promoted to PirateDCUnger has been promoted to PirateDCUnger has been promoted to PirateDCUnger has been promoted to PirateDCUnger has been promoted to PirateDCUnger has been promoted to PirateDCUnger has been promoted to PirateDCUnger has been promoted to PirateDCUnger has been promoted to Pirate
Very nice!
DCUnger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message