I Must Stay Away from Reverb and Guitar Stores - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Musicians Corner Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2019, 10:30 AM   #1
PassingThru
Registered Users-pm+

PassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to PiratePassingThru has been promoted to Pirate
I Must Stay Away from Reverb and Guitar Stores

I must stay away form Reverb.com and guitar stores. After a thread on "new" guitar mentioned Reverb, I checked it out. Nice site I thought. Visited the site a couple of more times and the "need" for an electric won out. Negotiated via email what I thought was a reasonable deal for a new Fender American Performer Telecaster HUM. Clicked the button. It arrived last Wednesday. There is a chance that residual alcohol from lunch was a factor. Took it to Danny D's Guitar Hacienda for setup since I did not want to try it my self. Mistake. I had been wanting to move to a Taylor instead of my current guitar. Long story, short, made a deal, traded my old guitar, and left with a Taylor 314ce. Lost a little less money than I was expecting to loose so I'm happy.

I used to play (25 years ago) and was almost an accomplished strummer. Now the biggest question is (feedback appreciated) "Can one learn to play well from Youtube or Fender.com lessons?" Rhythm and riffs. Somewhere past strumming is the goal. Or, do I need actual in-person lessons. I have a bucket list item for Spring and need to move this project along.

Pic 1 Vintage White Tele (looks yellow to me)

Pic 2 New case. $10 extra added a LED light. Looks cool. No skill required.

Pic 3 Taylor 314ce

Pic 4 Roland Cube Street EX
Attached Images

PassingThru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2019, 08:33 PM   #2
Picudo Azul
Registered Users-pm+

Picudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to Pirate
You can learn a lot off the internet. I use it all the time. Search YouTube for a song and add guitar lesson. That will give you a good starting point but you gotta play,,play play and play some more. Like anything else practice makes you better. No hurry and slowing down will help a lot on making good clear sounds. Private lessons are good as well but after the lesson really work on it.. Make a effort to play 30 minutes everyday and you’ll be surprised... Having a friend that plays is even better even if you only get together once a week. Best of luck and most of all,,,,Have Fun
Picudo Azul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message