need advice on new camper dealerships - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Camping out and RV Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2019, 03:18 PM   #1
country7
Registered Users-pm+

country7 has been promoted to Piratecountry7 has been promoted to Piratecountry7 has been promoted to Piratecountry7 has been promoted to Piratecountry7 has been promoted to Piratecountry7 has been promoted to Piratecountry7 has been promoted to Piratecountry7 has been promoted to Piratecountry7 has been promoted to Piratecountry7 has been promoted to Piratecountry7 has been promoted to Pirate
need advice on new camper dealerships

looking to buy a new ~25ft camper in the next month or 2. I know to stay away from camping world at all cost but what are some good dealerships that don't ad extra fees are easy to work with and have decent warranties? I know demontrond has the warranty forever but don't know how straight up it is.. Thank you for any help
country7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2019, 07:48 AM   #2
H2
Registered Users-pm+

H2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to Pirate
IMO no RV dealer is worth consideration. Buy the best deal you can find and look the unit over good before you take delivery.

When I bought my current fiver I found the exact same unit in Michigan for $8500 less than any where in Texas. Made the trip to Michigan and really have had only minor issues that would be characterized a warranty issues and either fixed myself or had a mobile RV repair guy come and fix.

Previous unit I bought local was taken back to the dealer twice in the first year and spent a total of 2 months at their location and was only 50% successful in making it right, again I went to an independent mobile guy who fixed it in a half a day.
H2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2019, 10:24 AM   #3
bigdav160
Registered Users-pm+

bigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Pirate
I've bought 2 new campers. My experience with Jayco (dealer and manufacture customer service) has been horrible. Now that my warranty has been voided I plan to paint a huge lemon on it and abandon it at the dealer or Jayco headquarter. Burning it might be a satisfactory alternative.
bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2019, 02:12 PM   #4
DCW
Registered Users-pm+

DCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to PirateDCW has been promoted to Pirate
After many many horrible dealings with camping world for warrenty work I took mine to Ron Hoover on I45 almost to the causway. Ron Hoovers service was good but I don't have an adea on their sales dept. all I know is Camping World service sux. I would not send my worst enemy to Camping World!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2019, 06:01 PM   #5
redexpress
Registered Users-pm+

redexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirate
Bought a Cougar and Montana 5th at Holiday World Katy. Sales went smooth. No idea if we got a good deal. Service was so bad I had to leave my S&W at home for fear I would use it.
Just bought another 5th at ExporeUSA in Alvin. Quite possibly biggest the liars I have ever met.
Find a good family owned repair shop that can do warranty work on most of your appliances/components. I use Channelview Supply on I-10 East. Been there 30+ years. I wish I would have thought to ask them if they would inspect the RV before I bought it.
http://www.channelviewsupply.com/
redexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2019, 08:52 AM   #6
OG Donkey
Registered Users-pm+

OG Donkey has been promoted to PirateOG Donkey has been promoted to PirateOG Donkey has been promoted to PirateOG Donkey has been promoted to PirateOG Donkey has been promoted to PirateOG Donkey has been promoted to PirateOG Donkey has been promoted to PirateOG Donkey has been promoted to PirateOG Donkey has been promoted to PirateOG Donkey has been promoted to PirateOG Donkey has been promoted to Pirate
we ordered our 2019 Coachmen Apex 288BHS new through Demontrond in Conroe....I live in Fulshear It's been a great camper and their service dep't has been ok to work with. We have the warranty forever...only thing is, you need to bring it back to their service dep't and have them go through everything once a year to keep the warranty valid. I figure it's worth it to have them go through it anyway....we love our Coachmen! It's been a good RV.
OG Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2019, 11:12 AM   #7
SPRTMEDGUY
Registered Users-pm+

SPRTMEDGUY has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)SPRTMEDGUY has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)SPRTMEDGUY has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)SPRTMEDGUY has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)SPRTMEDGUY has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)SPRTMEDGUY has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)SPRTMEDGUY has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)SPRTMEDGUY has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)SPRTMEDGUY has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)SPRTMEDGUY has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)SPRTMEDGUY has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
If you don't mind driving a bit, consider Camper Clinic in Rockport. They carry excellent brands (Grand Design, Heartland, Keystone) and their service department over the years has been outstanding for problems I have had with my 5'ers. Never bought one from them, but based on the service I have received I would likely buy from them if I ever get another trailer. They also advertise "Warranty Forever". I believe you have to return yearly and have a full maintenance inspection done.(about $200)
SPRTMEDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2019, 10:04 AM   #8
fishinfool
Registered Users-pm+

fishinfool has been promoted to Piratefishinfool has been promoted to Piratefishinfool has been promoted to Piratefishinfool has been promoted to Piratefishinfool has been promoted to Piratefishinfool has been promoted to Piratefishinfool has been promoted to Piratefishinfool has been promoted to Piratefishinfool has been promoted to Piratefishinfool has been promoted to Piratefishinfool has been promoted to Pirate
we purchased our coachman through Holiday world in Katy. sale went well, services for a couple warranty leaks sucked but that seems to be standard for most big dealers. the boat show coming up in January probably will have some good deals if you can wait that long.

Do a GOOOOD inspection before you take ownership. there are a few places on the web that have good thorough check lists you can follow to help with your inspection.
fishinfool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2019, 06:49 PM   #9
redexpress
Registered Users-pm+

redexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirate
Look through keystoneforums.com
Even if you don't have a Keystone
redexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2019, 07:17 PM   #10
SeaIsleDweller
Registered Users-pm+

SeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to PirateSeaIsleDweller has been promoted to Pirate
I bought my Rockwood from Toppers in Waller a few years ago and it was a decent experience. I had them do some warranty work and it was a pretty quick turnaround. The small repairs I just do myself instead of hassling with a dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SeaIsleDweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message