Generator question - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Camping out and RV Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2018, 09:01 AM   #11
KevBow
Registered Users-pm+

KevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to Pirate
Would it be better to just go with a different generator that is set up for the 50 amp or do they all have to have an adapter? I was thinking about possibly going with like a 5000-5500 unit but worried they’ll be too loud
KevBow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2018, 11:48 AM   #12
StinkBait
Registered Users-pm+

StinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevBow View Post
Would it be better to just go with a different generator that is set up for the 50 amp or do they all have to have an adapter? I was thinking about possibly going with like a 5000-5500 unit but worried they’ll be too loud

I am probably speaking about something I don't know enough about here, but I have had to use an adapter on all 3 generators that I have ever owned. I wouldn't sweat it, adapters are really cheap on Amazon.

About that 5500w genny, this one is as quiet as a church mouse

https://www.grainger.com/product/20V...180822164041:s

And since we are talking about adapters, and you mentioned your first trailer here is a little piece of unsolicited advice. Get you a 30A male to 50A female adapter like this one. Never know when you might be forced into an RV park without 50a or with no 50a sites available.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BUQOGI...ustomerReviews
StinkBait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2018, 12:58 PM   #13
KevBow
Registered Users-pm+

KevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to PirateKevBow has been promoted to Pirate
Thank you. If I get that Honda is that enough power to run both acs at same time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2018, 12:59 PM   #14
KevBow
Registered Users-pm+

Should I buy different hoses or lines for water or toilet?
Old 08-22-2018, 01:07 PM   #15
KevBow
Registered Users-pm+

How quiet are the champion generators in comparison?
Old 08-22-2018, 01:17 PM   #16
Hunter11
Registered Users-pm+

Hunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to Pirate
The Champion I bought and posted a link to a couple of days ago is as quiet as a Honda of the same size. My neighbor has a 3000 watt Honda and we have run them side by side and they are both quiet. Usually the larger you go in size the louder they get.

Not sure what you are asking about on the hoses.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2018, 01:37 PM   #17
KevBow
Registered Users-pm+

The champion looks good. I’m just wondering if I should go a little bit bigger on it. Maybe a 4500-5000
Old 08-24-2018, 10:30 PM   #18
physhstyx
Registered Users-pm+

physhstyx has been promoted to Piratephyshstyx has been promoted to Piratephyshstyx has been promoted to Piratephyshstyx has been promoted to Piratephyshstyx has been promoted to Piratephyshstyx has been promoted to Piratephyshstyx has been promoted to Piratephyshstyx has been promoted to Piratephyshstyx has been promoted to Piratephyshstyx has been promoted to Piratephyshstyx has been promoted to Pirate
U can purchase 2 of the 3500 predators from harbour freight. They are very quiet. I am running a 30’ RV 30 on one unit. These are inverter generators and currently on sale. They have a kit to run them in parallel and you can run a 50 amp trailer on the set up. 7000 watts.

https://www.harborfreight.com/RV-Rea...Kit-62564.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/3500-W...tor-63584.html
physhstyx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2018, 11:08 PM   #19
KevBow
Registered Users-pm+

So with the adapter will it still run the 13.5 or 15k air conditioner in travel trailer?
Old 08-25-2018, 04:11 PM   #20
rglide09
Registered Users-pm+

rglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Pirate
I use a Honda 6500 Inverter with our Montana, I can run both A/C units with microwave with no issues. The only down side is the weight of the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rglide09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message