Easystart soft start kit - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Camping out and RV Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2018, 10:18 PM   #11
Prizepig
>*)))><

Prizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabtrap View Post
I put the unit on (which was fairly easy to do) and I'm happy to report that it works as advertised. On shore power, the compressor starts a lot easier than b4 when it had a factory hard start kit on it. It does load my genny heavily on startup but it does start even with a hot camper and 94 degree air temp
Good to hear. Glad it worked out. Now all you need is the special cap with a hose run to a boat fuel tank.
Attached Images

Prizepig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2018, 09:31 AM   #12
crabtrap
Electric/Paddle Kayak Fisherman

crabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Pirate
Good idea PP! I'm going to do one more modification to my system. Currently, with the EZstart, the fan starts (drawing about 3 amps) then the compressor starts after a 5 sec delay (about 17 amps on start). This total puts me right at the threshold of my genny capacity. The total running load for the system is 13.5 amps. My thoughts are to start the compressor 1st and let it settle into its running amperage then turn on the fan via a time delay of , say, 10 seconds. This should reduce the big amperage draw on the genny upon start up.
crabtrap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #13
crabtrap
Electric/Paddle Kayak Fisherman

crabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Piratecrabtrap has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabtrap View Post
Good idea PP! I'm going to do one more modification to my system. Currently, with the EZstart, the fan starts (drawing about 3 amps) then the compressor starts after a 5 sec delay (about 17 amps on start). This total puts me right at the threshold of my genny capacity. The total running load for the system is 13.5 amps. My thoughts are to start the compressor 1st and let it settle into its running amperage then turn on the fan via a time delay of , say, 10 seconds. This should reduce the big amperage draw on the genny upon start up.
FYI- I did this modification and it works well. About $25 for an Amazon time delay and SS relay. Now I can run the genny on ECO mode. It ramps up and starts the compressor easily, then 30 seconds later, the fan starts, loading the genny just a bit more. It cycles on/off via the T-stat. The A/C runs until it satisfies the inside temp then shuts down (ie-no more annoying fan running all the time). Of course, in my uninsulated pop up on a hot day, it runs about 90% of the time. It should cycle much more when the outside temperature drops out of the 100s LOL
crabtrap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message