At Home Hobby - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Hobbies Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
At Home Hobby

You’re cooped up at home and can’t go out. You played sports as a kid growing up. You have reasonable eye hand coordination. You like to challenge yourself and you like heads up competition. A small number of you may even have what it takes to compete on a world stage for money and fame.

What is this game or hobby? Darts.

Steel tip darts is an inexpensive hobby you can start at home with very little investment. With modern electronics and an internet connection, you can also now compete against others from your own home. There are online webcam challenge matches, online leagues, and online tournaments going on now.

The best part about darts is that you can practice and hone your skills at home alone. You don’t have to go out and pay fees to learn your craft. All of this for free, 24/7, and you never leave the house. COVID is no excuse for not playing or practicing darts.

Order everything online and you could be up and running in no time. A good board and a decent set of darts doesn’t cost much. Even the upper end pro line of equipment is not that expensive relative to our boating and fishing hobby. A good set of dart barrels can last a lifetime. The only things you change out frequently are flights and sometimes shafts. Boards last for years when you’re just getting started.

Also, if you travel, it’s fun to travel with darts and visit establishments with a lot of locals players or play in tournaments. It’s similar to walking into a pool hall with your own custom sticks. You walk in and all eyes are on you as you are the new guy. You’re either intimidated or you’re not. Kind of like the movie Rounders.

Darts is also an international game that you can play everywhere in the world, regardless of language barriers. I’ve played internationally and have been partnered with people that spoke no English and we got along just fine because we both knew the game.

If you’re just a tad bit OCD, you will play until your arm wears out. Everyday. The challenge of hitting the triple 20 as often as you can will be alluring.

Once you learn how to throw, you’ll discover the odd beauty of something that is so fundamentally simple to perform, but is so very hard to repeat on a consistent basis, for all three darts, on every throw.

Youth can beat adults, women can beat men, older veteran age players are still at the top of their game. It is a great game for all.

Respond here or PM me if you have questions about how to play or how to get started in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
habanerojooz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2020, 09:48 AM   #2
KayBurton
Registered Users-pm+

KayBurton is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I also like playing darts. I started playing it when I was just a small kid. I wasn't good at it before my 15 I think. I still have it and relax while playing it with my wife or friends. It's one of my favourite sports. I have a map darts because my hobby is travelling. It's so cool to combine your hobby and favourite sport.
KayBurton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message