Port O’ Connor fishing has been on fire! - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-23-2020, 03:54 PM   #11
Capt_Gilligan
Trust me, I'm a professional.

Capt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthTexasSlayer View Post
The really sad thing about port o connor in is even the late spring and early summer months the bait stands cannot produce live shrimp 7 days a week. And I would not say anything cuz I’️m personally not a shrimper, my grandpa was the
Operator and owner of docs doc James Morris in poc and he always had bait no mater the time of year or how busy it was. The bait stand owners these days are lazy and dont care. When I call and I ask if u do u know when u will have live shrimp on a Sunday morning cuz ur out at (foggies) and u tell me Monday at about noon Means ur Shrimp boats aren’️t leaving the dock till Monday about daylight. The reason port o connor is behind All the other gulf coast is because of lazy *** bait fisherman.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggieangler View Post
Aww hell....live bait woes over here too?
He made a whole post whining about live bait. My suggestion, quit using live bait to pick up stragglers. Learn to actually fish....
Capt_Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2020, 07:35 PM   #12
ol'possum
Registered Users-pm+

ol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirate
coon

Quote:
The really sad thing about port o connor in is even the late spring and early summer months the bait stands cannot produce live shrimp 7 days a week. And I would not say anything cuz I’m personally not a shrimper, my grandpa was the
Operator and owner of docs doc James Morris in poc and he always had bait no mater the time of year or how busy it was. The bait stand owners these days are lazy and dont care. When I call and I ask if u do u know when u will have live shrimp on a Sunday morning cuz ur out at (foggies) and u tell me Monday at about noon Means ur Shrimp boats aren’t leaving the dock till Monday about daylight. The reason port o connor is behind All the other gulf coast is because of lazy *** bait fisherman.....
what true fishermen use bait.....wait 'til Croaker is made a gamefish and no Croaker fishing, cannot wait...
ol'possum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2020, 08:05 PM   #13
BBCAT
Registered Users-pm+

BBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to PirateBBCAT has been promoted to Pirate
While I prefer arties, I would never call some one who uses bait a non-fisherman. As long as it's legal Rock-On.
BBCAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2020, 11:21 PM   #14
SouthTexasSlayer
Registered Users-pm+

SouthTexasSlayer has been promoted to PirateSouthTexasSlayer has been promoted to PirateSouthTexasSlayer has been promoted to PirateSouthTexasSlayer has been promoted to PirateSouthTexasSlayer has been promoted to PirateSouthTexasSlayer has been promoted to PirateSouthTexasSlayer has been promoted to PirateSouthTexasSlayer has been promoted to PirateSouthTexasSlayer has been promoted to PirateSouthTexasSlayer has been promoted to PirateSouthTexasSlayer has been promoted to Pirate
U know what I get one week off a month. If I want live bait to take my wife and little girl. Then I guess I’m an *** hole sorry for wanting to pass on fishing and the outdoors to my daughter. You know it’s a little hard to throw lures when that’s not what u know how to do. I catch fish on live bait and I catch a lot so why change now. Yes I got mad about the lack of shrimp but maybe I got screwed out of two days fishing cuz my wife and kid won’t throw lures and we went home.
SouthTexasSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2020, 03:11 PM   #15
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon ??

Quote:
U know what I get one week off a month. If I want live bait to take my wife and little girl. Then I guess I’m an *** hole sorry for wanting to pass on fishing and the outdoors to my daughter. You know it’s a little hard to throw lures when that’s not what u know how to do. I catch fish on live bait and I catch a lot so why change now. Yes I got mad about the lack of shrimp but maybe I got screwed out of two days fishing cuz my wife and kid won’t throw lures and we went home.
there is nothing wrong with using shrimp for the kids and wife, makes fishing fun for them. did you try to use lures and maybe teach them how since there was no bait available? you and they may be surprised at the results and no mess. they might like that.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 03:20 AM   #16
tommy261
Registered Users-pm+

tommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Pirate
I started my girlfriend out with live bait in saltwater. I then took her bass fishing to teach her different lure presentation, mostly topwater and crankbaits. Once she mastered that, I let her try it for some trout and reds. I bought livebait just in case boredom set in.....she had a great topwater bite, catching trout and a 40in. Red on a crankbait. She refuses to throw bait now. ( so I proposed to her...lol) if you cant get shrimp, just keep the trip short if throwing lures unless they are on some fish. Kids/ wives will lose interest quick, but dont give up just because there is no live bait.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
tommy261 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 04:19 AM   #17
BDGreen
Registered Users-pm+

BDGreen has been promoted to PirateBDGreen has been promoted to PirateBDGreen has been promoted to PirateBDGreen has been promoted to PirateBDGreen has been promoted to PirateBDGreen has been promoted to PirateBDGreen has been promoted to PirateBDGreen has been promoted to PirateBDGreen has been promoted to PirateBDGreen has been promoted to PirateBDGreen has been promoted to Pirate
My wife & kids didn't like throwing artificial either so I quit taking them fishing.
BDGreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM   #18
Klesak1
Registered Users-pm+

Klesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to Pirate
Just to clarify for the uneducated idiots who are clearly salty about not catching as much fish as we do........ some of these trips are on artificials. Most of our April trips were artificial trips. And this year we have only had about 3 trips that we didn’t limit on our target species with artificial. That’s what happens when you have 30 years experience in one area and fish 3 days a week. Get over yourselves! We’ve been placing in tournaments for 20 years down here. Don’t tell me I can’t fish because we use croakers from time to time. Literally fish artificial from September through April. I’ll go elbow to elbow with any one of you wanna be purist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Klesak1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM   #19
Klesak1
Registered Users-pm+

Klesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to PirateKlesak1 has been promoted to Pirate
3 of the last 4 pictures were artificial trips in April drum came off gulp. So suck it ya bunch of cry babies

Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM   #20
Klesak1
Registered Users-pm+

Port O’ Connor fishing has been on fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaddH View Post
Not wanting to be rude but I don’t think anyone here gives a rat’s butt what you fish with or how often you limit out other than being curious about what they are biting on.
I fish a mix of baits too, mostly artificial and some mullet but have never called anyone an idiot concerning my choice of bait or felt like I had to defend what I choose to throw.
No one told you what you to fish with . The whole gist of the thread was that you should have options and not let a shrimp shortage ruin your trip.
I would add get a cast net to the other suggestions.

I should have quoted ole possum his response was what true fisherman use bait. Seems pretty uneducated. I personally don’t care heat people use as I do it all! Offshore inshore bait artificial cane pole etc. the point of these forums is to be helpful and relay information. The blue water forum is much better about that than this one which is why I typically only post in the blue water forum!