Debris Offshore - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 05-23-2020, 08:02 AM   #1
ReveilleSportfishing
Registered Users-pm+

ReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Debris Offshore

We spotted this telephone pole about 20 miles out Wednesday and it scared me. It was 15-20 feet long and definitely big enough to do some serious damage. And very little of it was visible above the surface. I think things like this are one of the biggest threats we face offshore.

I called it in to the Coast Guard and hopefully they sent someone out.

PS—no bait or dolphin on it, just a handful of undersize triple tail.

Be careful out there!

Cole
Attached Images

ReveilleSportfishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2020, 08:06 AM   #2
marlin lane
Registered Users-pm+

marlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
thanks for the warning-looks like it had been out there for quite some time
marlin lane is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2020, 11:11 AM   #3
ShawnQ
Registered Users-pm+

ShawnQ has disabled reputation
I heard you call that in and quickly checked position. Current was ripping where we were!

How'd yall do?

Sent from my SM-A307G using Tapatalk
ShawnQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2020, 03:07 PM   #4
ReveilleSportfishing
Registered Users-pm+

ReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReveilleSportfishing has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Hey Shawn,

Yes, the current was running so hard at the 8 mile rigs where we normally get bait I do think you could have tied off and ridden a boogie board on it. No bait, and I wonder if that was why.

We were trying for amberjack, and were covered up with snapper as I reported in another post. But--and don't tell anyone--there was a school of mahi mahi at the weather bouy as big as my front yard. And I have a big yard. No time to try a line there, but I will be planning another visit soon.

See ya,

Cole
ReveilleSportfishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2020, 01:24 PM   #5
Bobosito
Registered Users-pm+

Bobosito is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
looks like a telephone pole.
Bobosito is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2020, 09:56 PM   #6
Calmday
Salty Dawg

Calmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to Pirate
That’ll do some damage.
Calmday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2020, 10:44 AM   #7
metal man
Metal Man

metal man has been promoted to Piratemetal man has been promoted to Piratemetal man has been promoted to Piratemetal man has been promoted to Piratemetal man has been promoted to Piratemetal man has been promoted to Piratemetal man has been promoted to Piratemetal man has been promoted to Piratemetal man has been promoted to Piratemetal man has been promoted to Piratemetal man has been promoted to Pirate
That'll leave a mark!!
metal man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2020, 12:26 PM   #8
Jolly Roger
COME AND TAKE IT

Jolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to Pirate
I jumped one that looked about like that five or so years ago at about 40mph in the WC400 block about 80 miles out. As luck would have it, only damage was from impact on bow, it pushed down enough motors cleared it. I did take some teeth off reverse gear on left hand motor due to pulling back to fast and touching reverse in it for a second.

Do think if I would have slowed before impact, boat would not have pushed it down as much as it did, and would have taken my lowers off.
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2020, 02:57 PM   #9
fisherman9985
Registered Users-pm+

fisherman9985 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
How far off shore is the weather bouy?
fisherman9985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2020, 10:56 PM   #10
sferg
Registered Users-pm+

sferg has been promoted to Piratesferg has been promoted to Piratesferg has been promoted to Piratesferg has been promoted to Piratesferg has been promoted to Piratesferg has been promoted to Piratesferg has been promoted to Piratesferg has been promoted to Piratesferg has been promoted to Piratesferg has been promoted to Piratesferg has been promoted to Pirate
We actually his a submerged tree about 10 mile out of matagorda on May 1 coming in . Kicked the starboard motor up but thankfully no damage. It looked like the root ball was the only thing floating. True keep your eyes peeled for hazards
sferg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message