rod builder - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Rod building forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2020, 09:17 AM   #1
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon rod builder

need a good local rod builder, league city. do these guys warranty their builds?? concerned as some rods have a limited lifetime warranty.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2020, 04:43 PM   #2
PBC
Registered Users-pm+

PBC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPBC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPBC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPBC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPBC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPBC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPBC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPBC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPBC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPBC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerPBC has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
30/30 warranty....30 seconds or 30 feet whichever comes first lol...

Custom builders aren't Walmart, Bass pro or academy. They are not selling you a rod for $100 plus that only cost $10. They can't replace it 9 times under a "lifetime" warranty and still make a profit.

The reality is that if a rod doesn't break on the first or second outing under normal fishing use following weight and line ratings....it's not a manufacturer issue. If it's going to break the stress from casting or setting the hook will show itself pretty fast if it was a manufacturer or builder issue. The majority of breaks are operator error or accidents. That responsibility for replacement falls on the owner not the builder.

Now some builders that are trying to do production series will replace it as they are trying to build a customer base through praise on things like social media. Some will replace it for X amount of money. That usually allows them to cover some of the costs.

Me personally, I take care of people that purchase rods from me especially if they are honest with how it broke. Unless it's a true manufacturer defect of the components I used, the customer will be out of pocket X amount of dollars determined before I start. If it was something I determined I did that caused it I will take care of it with no expense to them.
PBC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2020, 10:01 PM   #3
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
chook, got the perfect guy for you.. Builds right here out of Friendswood. He's kinda getting started and builds some FANSATIC rods that are high quality. He'll do whatever you want and is fairly priced. Give him a ring

Micheal Clawson.. 832-421-3174

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Coastal-rod...5801357494633/
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2020, 10:40 PM   #4
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon thanks

I'll give him a call.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2020, 07:53 PM   #5
Big Bay
Registered Users-pm+

Big Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to Pirate
When I build rods I stand behind my work 100% like if something comes unglued guide breaks loose or loses and insert and it’s not obviously abuse I’ll fix it for free but honestly a blank is good for like once it’s past the first good pull. Rods that break after thag we’re either high sticker over powered or bruised to where they break the next good pull. If it breaks I’ll work with the customer some to get a new one but there’s only so much I can do I try to use blanks with good warranties so it’s not as big an issue but unless it’s a fishing tackle unlimited blank getting anything else warrantied is a pain in the ***. All that being said honest is the best policy when it comes to broken rods and I’m happier to help people when they’re honest because unless people tell
Me they stepped on it or snapped it doing something stupid 80% if the time they’re lying to your face. I’ve had it happen many times. If there’s something you need give me a shout and I’ll see if I can get you hooked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message