Possession Limit Trip 7-18-04 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 07-19-2004, 11:09 AM   #1
Captn C
Reel Gambler

Captn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to Pirate
Possession Limit Trip 7-18-04

I did deck hand duties on the boat this trip.....If I ever seen another weed it will be too soon!

After everone fished with there scuba dive and we put up all the gear we started trolling for bills. I went from one rod to another picking weeds off lures for about 6 hours. We never had a bill in the spread the whole trip. We did loose a whaoo bomb to a toothy critter though. Once we made it to the SPAR we picked up a few Blackfin, but not Yellowfin.

The first Yellowfin didn't come until the sun went down. Then we had two break-offs on a slow bite. I had my trusty top water rig with and was showing the guys how to work a top water bait when it was crushed by a 50lb class YFT. No one wanted to fight it so I HAD to do it . I offered the rod to the guys on the trip, but they said they would rather watch me and my reaction than them us it so I suffered though few more monter blow-ups. One was huge BKFT and the other pulled the hooks during the first run. Capt. John joined the fun with a 50lb class top water fish too. Once we had the YFT attention we filled the box pretty quickly. So we headed for home.

At 3pm I was nearly pitched out of the rack and went up at 4pm to take my shift at the helm. The seas were up, it was little hard to tell just how high in the dark but you had to hang on to walk around. After daylight Capt. John kicked up to about 18kts for a while, but the seas were still building and he backed off a bite.

All in all another great trip and fine box of fish for the Possession Limit.....
Attached Images

Captn C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2004, 01:43 PM   #2
Earl
Registered Users-pm+

Earl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
CaptnC,

Great report and pics. Wish you guys ran into the bills this tirp.

BradP or anyone here know how they did week before last (8th or so). I was scheduled for the weekend trip but Capt. John had to move it up on account of weather. We had a software implementation going on at work and I couldn't get away early due to the short week allready on account of the 4th holiday.

I never heard a report on that trip. Hope they did well.

Earl
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2004, 01:55 PM   #3
Bayduck
There We Go !

Bayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to Pirate
Bayduck

We left Thurs. night. Decided to hit a snapper/Aj hole first. Caught a dozen or so good Snaps and Boxed 2 Aj's to 35 lbs. Put the spread out and boxed a nice Hoo.................THEN the skies completely blew up. No way out, raining so hard you could barely see the front of the boat. At 1 pm , we pointed her to the barn. Got back about 9pm Fri. night.

Total....23 hrs. of boat riding.......4 hrs of fishing.
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2004, 10:57 PM   #4
Earl
Registered Users-pm+

Earl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of RiggerEarl has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Sorry to hear about that..

I had hoped you guys had a super trip. I hated to miss it anyways. Its like the old saying, the worst day on the water still is better than the best day at work.

Just wish they were one and the same for me

Earl
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2004, 09:45 AM   #5
Captn C
Reel Gambler

Captn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to Pirate
I forgot two little thing that were note worthy;

Capt. Stout ask about a rubber squid he found on the bait prep station....then he noticed it was changing colors. A live squid had flown inside the boat and landed on the bait station! I quickly rigged the beast and we put it out, but had no takers.

We had a decent size Blackfin Tuna eat the bait on two rods in one pass. Both guys hooked up and we thought they were tangled, but he had both baits and hooks in his mouth. I have heard of Yellowfin doing it just not Blackfins.
Captn C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message