2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Disc Cooker

17K views 42 replies 22 participants last post by  tladams123 
#1 ·
Santa brought me a disc cooker for Christmas. I've made fajitas in one before but that's it. I'm ready to use it, but before I did I was wondering if anybody had any good recipes they like to cook in a disc?

Gas Wood Cookware and bakeware Flooring Hardwood

See less See more
#2 ·
We're a tractor dealer here in victoria and we order those and sell them, I have a few I cook in.
We take them kayak camping and just throw them on some coals, cook fajitas, burgers, breakfast, everything. You can even fill it with oil and deep fry fish. Possibilities are endless.

Sorry, I don't have any recipes. I just throw a bunch of stuff in it, usually comes out pretty good.

#18 ·
That's my future brother in law. He was stirring the fajita meat while I took the picture. I'm more of a bud light drinker myself, but I can handle Lone Star every now and then! Now Bock I just can't handle. I live about 15 miles from the Shiner Brewery, but just can't down it!

#25 ·
Here's my recipe. I feed a lot mouths with this. I get meats from Mexican meat markets.
Cook 1 package thickcut smoked bacon, I cut it into small pieces, and remove it just before it's crispy. Leave the grease.
Cook 1lb lose Mexican chorizo till browned, and remove. YES, leave all that flavor packed grease in the disco.
Cook 3lbs each of carne para guisada & puerco al pastor, they come cut already in small cubes, cook till brown.
Add couple packages of jalapeño smoked sausage, cut into small pieces.
Add 4 long cut onions, 4 long cut green peppers, diced Jalapenos, diced tomatoes, beer, throw the bacon & chorizo back in and slow cook till it's all cooked and tender.

I recommend only eating 1 to 2 tacos and only make this once or twice a year. It taste really good but could KILL YOU!!

#29 ·
Made fajitas on mine yesterday I wasn't too impressed. It seems to just kinda boil them. The water ended yo cookies off finally, but they were kinda tuff. I think I will try leaving the slabs whole next time, or just cooking them on an open fire first then using the disc to mix the meat with the onions and peppers...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

#30 ·
Made fajitas on mine yesterday I wasn't too impressed. It seems to just kinda boil them. The water ended yo cookies off finally, but they were kinda tuff. I think I will try leaving the slabs whole next time, or just cooking them on an open fire first then using the disc to mix the meat with the onions and peppers...

I pressure cooked mine for 15 minutes to tenderize meat before marinading it. If you don't have a pressure cooker, use a meat tenderizer mallet and beat the heck out of it before you marinade it. Grilling un-tenderized meat only dries it out and make it tougher instead of making it tender.

#31 ·
Yea, the thing is, when I started cooking them, the juices collected in the bottom of the disc, basically boiling them...I never tenderize fajitas and I don't usually have a problem with them being tough. But that is over an open flame... And unfortunately don't have a pressure cooker...

#32 ·
I just throw ours on the coals for 60 seconds per side & the wrap in foil. Then toss a foil packet of peppers/onions on for a few minutes. By the time they're done, the fajitas have reabsorb their juices. Best fajitas in the world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.