Anyone using the C-Map Reveal card? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 09-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
ShawnQ
Registered Users-pm+

ShawnQ has disabled reputation
Anyone using the C-Map Reveal card?

Anyone in here running the C-Map Reveal card? They're supposedly similar to CMOR or Strikelines Bathymetric charts (for simrad).

Just curious if they're worth the $275+/-. Definitely seems to be for deep-droppiing, if nothing else.
ShawnQ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #2
40marlin
Registered Users-pm+

40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I am personally running a CMOR chip on my vesselview and it works great. The data utilized by CMOR is nothing proprietary or private... its all public domain data thanks to NOAA. The trick is putting it together in a usable format to use with the MFD.

It would not surprise me if the data is relatively comparable to CMOR. I went with CMOR because I had the opportunity to see what it looked like for our slice of heaven we call the Western GOM and I was sold. I would want to see what the C-Map looks like before investing in it. I also do not know if it works with a Vessel View (even though its a Simrad GoXSE)
40marlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2019, 12:59 PM   #3
ShawnQ
Registered Users-pm+

Its al the same data, although some.have said the CMOR has better resolution in some areas. The price difference is huge, though!

C-Map works with Navico. So it should, theoretically, work on the VesselView

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2019, 01:01 PM   #4
40marlin
Registered Users-pm+

40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)40marlin has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnQ View Post
Its al the same data, although some.have said the CMOR has better resolution in some areas. The price difference is huge, though!

C-Map works with Navico. So it should, theoretically, work on the VesselView

Agreed... it just doesn't list VV on C-Map's website. I cannot speak to the difference in resolution. CMOR's resolution is pretty good until you zoom in too much. I have been very impressed with it so far.
40marlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2019, 01:19 PM   #5
ShawnQ
Registered Users-pm+

I'm curious to hear how strikelines Compares also. Supposedly strikelines has some of their own sonar scanning equipment, so they have some more detail in certain areas. A lot of the public information used by CMOR and Cmap is old and outdated.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #6
CLVL
Registered Users-pm+

CLVL has been promoted to PirateCLVL has been promoted to PirateCLVL has been promoted to PirateCLVL has been promoted to PirateCLVL has been promoted to PirateCLVL has been promoted to PirateCLVL has been promoted to PirateCLVL has been promoted to PirateCLVL has been promoted to PirateCLVL has been promoted to PirateCLVL has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnQ View Post
I'm curious to hear how strikelines Compares also. Supposedly strikelines has some of their own sonar scanning equipment, so they have some more detail in certain areas. A lot of the public information used by CMOR and Cmap is old and outdated.

i have Strikelines sidescan sonar of the Shelf Edge south of Orange Beach AL. I run it on a Samsung Tab A. The detail is nothing short of incredible and spot on. I wish they had sidescan of our TX coast 60-80 miles out, but they do not.

I thought about buying their 3D GOM Deep chart which is the same public info used by CMOR and Cmap. I sent them a few waypoints in the areas I typically fish (60-70 miles out of Freeport) and they were inshore of the north border of the 3D GOM Deep chart. If you do lots of deep dropping (I don't), it might be worth it. I'd suggest contacting Strikelines (Tristan, very helpful) and discussing with him.
CLVL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message