2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Podcasts 610 outdoor show

8K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  BBCAT 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried to access the podcasts on the outdoor show lately? I don't know if they changed the format or if they are not available anymore or I'm just an old fart that can't figure out new technology.

#5 ·
610needs a change

SportsRadio 610 Outdoor Show has gotten to be the same thing, over and over.
Same old calls with the same old guides.
Lots of talking about the Good Old Days, but very little of interest.
It is now nothing but an advertisement.
Quality of the show has dropped so low it is not worth listening to.

There needs to be change made - Mickey Eastman has to go !!

#6 ·
SportsRadio 610 Outdoor Show has gotten to be the same thing, over and over.
Same old calls with the same old guides.
Lots of talking about the Good Old Days, but very little of interest.
It is now nothing but an advertisement.
Quality of the show has dropped so low it is not worth listening to.

There needs to be change made - Mickey Eastman has to go !!
Agree with above , changes should of been done years back.
I stopped listening long time ago. But hey to each his own, some may like. That is why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream ........

#8 ·
I have been listening to the outdoor for 38 yrs. Brings back memories of fishing with my dad who passed last year. Every weekend Bob Stevenson was on during the ride to east bay. I really enjoy the knowledge of Mickey Eastman and James Plaag ....a few fishing reports in a short period of time is all I need to think about my dad. Makes me happy to know I had the opportunity to learn the outdoors with a great man.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

#26 ·
I have been listening to the outdoor for 38 yrs. Brings back memories of fishing with my dad who passed last year. Every weekend Bob Stevenson was on during the ride to east bay. I really enjoy the knowledge of Mickey Eastman and James Plaag ....a few fishing reports in a short period of time is all I need to think about my dad. Makes me happy to know I had the opportunity to learn the outdoors with a great man.

Plaag is entertaining, I also enjoyed listening to Mike Williams, anyone know what happened to him?

#9 ·
I listen. I think he does a good job updating weather and tides which helps with my trip planning.

It does get old listening about how good things used to be and how we will never see a fishery like that again. And how fresh Trinity Bay has been the last five years.

I just want to call in and say "For God sakes Mickey, quit whining about Trinity Bay being fresh and trailer your boat down the the lower bays that have saltier water and start catching"

#10 ·
Honestly, I have caught more trout, reds and flounder in the last 5 yrs then ever before. Bigger fish at that. I know fish move from certain spots each year but I have seen nothing but major improvements....idk, maybe I just got a better lure presentation, but I doubt that.

#11 ·
??

i listen out of boredom but it does get old with the 10lb trout tail walking around the boat, while everyone in the boat has a limit of 10s. nothing under 10 lbs back then. and then here's comes the storm, we could see the dark clouds in the distance, and right before the tsunami rolled in with a 15 foot wall of water, the 12lbers turned on, I'll never forget those days. :headknock:help:

but the bitme podcast is just as bad, one of the guys has to mention tarpon fishing every 10 seconds, every show. i guess this makes him the messiah of fishing. it is absolutely hilarious to listen to these guys, but then again i guess we subject ourselves to it.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :texasflag:texasflag

#16 ·
but the bitme podcast is just as bad, one of the guys has to mention tarpon fishing every 10 seconds, every show. i guess this makes him the messiah of fishing. it is absolutely hilarious to listen to these guys, but then again i guess we subject ourselves to it.
I did not like John Lopez as a sports writer, get tired of his stories about growing up in San Antonio and I will not listen to him on any platform talk about fishing. I feel differently about Scott Null, but with one comes the other. So....Pass.

#24 ·
I listened to the Stevensons a lot during the 90s and recall the news of the old man passing, and we were heading to fish the surf I told my buddys the first one is for Bob, recall that day very very well. I am still wondering what he did to **** Benny off. My FIL almost wants to throw up when I have him on the radio calling him illiterate ( Mickey) I like listening to Cliff Webb and Will Kirkpatrick. Its a part of driving fishing to me. I wonder who will replace him? Still not listened to bite me but may start.

DK, I know your a good guy but listening to the stories and the methods " before you were born" help learn a lot of things. I admit every story being of all monster trout mickey and his buds caught, every trip for that matter, maybe they fished Trinity out and are calling the kettle black!!

#34 ·
Back in the late 80s and early 90s, a few of my buddies and I would hire Mike 4-5 times a summer to fish the jetties. I have never fished with anyone more knowledgeable at fishing the jetties, but man, he talked almost constantly. The good thing is that most of what he was saying was really good info for guys who really didn't know much about how to catch trout beyond throwing live shrimp under a popping cork and absolutely nothing about catching reds (which before the CCA restocking program were pretty hard to come by). All of our trips were free-lining piggies or big shrimp up against the rocks and we almost always had limits of trout and a few reds.

He also turned us on to fishing with lures, most notably, yes, you guessed it, Mirrolure 51 series (Before they started adding rattles)

#35 · (Edited)
MIke W did a podcast last year (May?) with the good people at Eagle Point Marina. I think the podcast was on their FB page. He spoke about trout and their annual migration pattern up the Galveston Bay channel. He laid it out by month and channel marker. I thought the info was very useful. Obviously current conditions impact any situation but this macro pattern was distilled from many years of fishing and it likely still applies.

But back to the topic. On Bite Me, I like Capt. Scott Null. I prefer that John Lopez play the role of host and facilitator and not that of the fishing expert. I appreciate that he has experience, but use that experience to create solid questions and frame the topics. I stopped listening to Bite Me.

The 610 show was great in the Pappy days. His voice had a sort of Paul Harvey way of keeping you engaged. Nowadays, if I’m riding with passengers on a fishing trip, I’d rather talk with each other instead of making everyone listen to the dribble on that 610 show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.