Clutch or Master Cylinder? 1996 7.3 OBS with Manual Trans - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #1
gordo
Registered Users-pm+

gordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Clutch or Master Cylinder? 1996 7.3 OBS with Manual Trans

Is there is a quick way to determine whether my clutch is toast or if it could be a master cylinder issue with my old Ford?

The clutch pedal is basically sticking (intermittently) to the floor and sometimes it gets hard to shift of gear....

Also if anyone has first hand experience, this truck has the dual mass flywheel setup from the factory. I assume that may still be in there (not 100% sure), but who has gone with the same setup and who has switched to the single fly wheel? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
gordo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #2
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Never owned 7.3 but if you can, check under the floorboard near the clutch. It's a tight fit but see if there is fluid there and on the other side of the firewall. Sometimes you'll lose clutch and also ruin a pair of pants when the seal blows. Happened to me in a different vehicle on 518 on a saturday morning lol. Good on the SMF, always replace DMF with those.
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Sounds like either the clutch slave or the throw out bearing gumming up.
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #4
gordo
Registered Users-pm+

gordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateergordo has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
allrighty! i will look into that.

did not see any oil leaks on the firewall, but I'll take another peek when the sun is out later today! LOL

thanks
gordo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 10:19 PM   #5
Cutbaits
Registered Users-pm+

Cutbaits is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Clutch or Master Cylinder? 1996 7.3 OBS with Manual Trans

Try putting something to take up a lil slack in between the clutch slave cylinder rod and the throw out bearing fork. I have one of my f450 been running like that for a few years.
I’ve also done away with that dual mass and got the kit from Napa that’s changes it back to single disc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cutbaits is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message